Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2019, 02:55 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Iron Station , North Carolina
Help Pricing 1967 Land Yacht 32'

Hi,

I hope that some of you with some experience can help me in pricing a vintage Airstream. Five or six years ago I bought a 1967 Land Yacht for $3500 intending to restore it. That idea went the way of so many good intentions though, and it's sitting in my yard. Yesterday a friend expressed an interest in buying it and I'd like to sell it to him, but need to come up with a price that's fair.

The trailer itself is in decent shape for it's age, but needs a new subfloor and complete interior restoration. I bought it about 250 miles away and towed it home after replacing tires and brakes, so I know it's operable. From what I recall all of the running lights and interior lights work, which makes me think the wiring is intact. The pan is in solid shape, but there is some rust around the step and a broken window and roof vent. I'm sure all of the appliances are shot.

Could someone please try to give me an idea of what might be a fair price, or what characteristics will play a large role in determining one?

Thanks,
Dave
DaveS411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 04:17 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Fort Saunders , Wyoming
Hey Dave... I had been tempted to buy high performance cars in the 1970's that were five or more years old. If they did not run... they were worth... nothing but what parts you could salvage and then you have a price.

They 'use to run' means... it won't.

Even though I am handy... I buy new, as I do not want someone else's problem. The longer anything that use to move... sits, it is already decomposing on its own.

My own trailers, when I sell them, I give the possible owner the entire walk through. Show that everything is operating and by then... their eyes glaze over as they are looking at the exterior and buying no matter what I said.

Selling to a friend... the biggest error in judgment known to friendships. Advertise the trailer on Craigslist or the Airforums. Make up a price.

Sell to an experienced Airstream owner who can check it out. Otherwise... explain... AS IS, WHERE IS and Cash. Add 30 photographs.

Lets say I have something in a bag and I want $200 for it...

This is what you are asking. No photos of the exterior, interior, does it roll on its own, does it leak, is it complete... I have stuff that if I was able to get my money out of it and some incentive to make it worth sitting on for this amount of time... ask your friend to make you an offer. If the offer is more that you wanted... Bye By Miss American Pie.

(The photos are from ONE Trip of Airstreams... parked and many we did not stop to photo. They are everywhere when you are not in the market for one.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5211.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	393.8 KB
ID:	351146   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5205.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	412.3 KB
ID:	351147  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5189.jpg