Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Trailer Values
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-23-2014, 09:08 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2008 28' International
Happy Valley , Pennsylvania
Help! 2008 International CCD 28' Fair Market Value

Looking to buy my first Airstream and I have little time to pull the trigger on this one.
Asking $39,000....It is in great condition, with a couple upgrades.
I've searched the net for hours on end and NADA etc....It seems to be a little high based on my search results.

Is this a fair price??

Appreciate any quick responses
malinois38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 10:34 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by malinois38 View Post
Looking to buy my first Airstream and I have little time to pull the trigger on this one.
Asking $39,000....It is in great condition, with a couple upgrades.
I've searched the net for hours on end and NADA etc....It seems to be a little high based on my search results.

Is this a fair price??

Appreciate any quick responses
Hi, if this trailer is in great condition as you say, it might be worth the price. Forget NADA, I think they are always too low for Airstreams. Concerns to look for are water leaks that can and will damage the subfloor. This is quite costly to repair. Also dents or scrapes. These mean panel replacement in most cases and could cost thousands of dollars to fix. Hail damage almost always totals an Airstream. Plan on buying new tires and batteries right away. Batteries are usually good for about 3 years and tires good for 5-7 years by DOT code. You can always offer less than asking price too.

[these are my opinions, others may vary]
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:05 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2005 28' Safari
formerly of Tustin, Huntington Beach, Dana Point, and Laguna Beach , California
"Hail damage almost always totals an Airstream."

Hi, I'm a noob to RVing and Airstream. Read your warning and was wondering what AS owners do in the instance of encountering hail. Is there anything else one can do besides trying to drive out of the hail storm?
westcoastas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 05:02 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
Petaluma , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastas View Post
"Hail damage almost always totals an Airstream."

Hi, I'm a noob to RVing and Airstream. Read your warning and was wondering what AS owners do in the instance of encountering hail. Is there anything else one can do besides trying to drive out of the hail storm?

Not really, but I'm starting to imagine a new AS emergency product. A pressurized tank of air that you actuate just after a hail storm that pressurizes the airstream and pops all the dents back out! On second thought, I think I just invented the pano window ejector! Never-mind!- From what I've seen on the forum, tree limbs cause much more damage statistically than hail during severe weather.

- Brad
SuperTrouper is offline   Reply With Quote