My wife and I just looked at a 1999 31' Excella 1000 Classic and were impressed with its apparent
condition. It's a rear queen, with combined bathroom, good-sized kitchen, and lots of storage. The exterior skin looks to be in excellent shape and the interior is a bit worn but pretty good considering 10 years of use.
I would appreciate some feedback on a few items before we get serious about this AS...
- The dealer read off the GVW as 8300, with an empty weight of 7000. Does this sound about right for this unit (seems carrying capacity for water, etc, is a bit low)? Our Tundra has the towing package, good for 10500. Any comments about towability or the capacity of our TV?
- Some of the gaskets are beginning to fray or are partially missing behind access panel frames and windows. Is sealant the right fix for this or new gaskets?
- We think the fold-out dining table is a good idea (out of the way except when you need it). I'm sure there are other opinions out there and would like to here them.
- The dealer is asking $24K. Does this sound reasonable?
- What is the best way to get an independent appraisal of the condition? Any AS experts in the New Braunfels, TX, area?
Would appreciate any other thoughts you might have on this unit.