Old 03-25-2009, 01:02 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1986 31' Sovereign
Miami , Florida
I've got way more into mine than I'll ever recoup but, after the rebuild process, I now know pretty much how everything works and how to fix it.

It's also been personalized in the process so living in it 6 months out of 12 is like slipping on a compfortable pair of slippers.

Also, as a mature "pre-dinged" unit (much like myself), I don't sweat depreciation or further "age spots"....

mike
n2916s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 07:32 AM   #22
4 Rivet Member

2000 34' Excella
Tucson , Arizona
I spent 6mo looking. We started out looking at everything and ended up with AS, once you have seen the best, there is just no going back to the rest. Be patient. I recall a thread on this site about a gal up in Utah that was looking. She would post her latest find and got all kinds of good advice. I can't recall what she ended up with.

I found ours on an SOB lot with lots of Class A big $$$ rigs, somebody had traded up (down I am sure in this forums opinion) and there it sat on the lot since the clientele were all looking for monster coaches.

AS units pop up in the most unusual places, just keep your eyes open and your bankroll handy and a very nice unit will come your way. Check out the wbcci classifieds WBCCI.org

the classifieds on this website, and plenty of others. I used ebay as a pricing guideline but some of those folks have problems with what it means to be honest so take the descriptions with a healthy dose of skepticism on condition until you can see for yourself.

Good luck.
elolson is offline   Reply With Quote