Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Trailer Values
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-07-2009, 06:46 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2006 23' Safari SE
CC , I live everywhere, man
Fair price on 2007 Safari SE LS

Total NOOB here, and am having difficulty figuring out a fair price for a 2007 Safari 23', partly because I can't figure out what the SE upgrade and LS upgrade consist of. I have been to the NADA site, and from what I can figure without really knowing what those packages consist of, average retail is 31,240. The dealer is firm on 36,000. It is in excellent condition, no smoke/pets/kids, everything works and has the L-lounge instead of sofa. Is this AS worth this much?

I also have a line on a 2006 Safari SE for 31,500, but from what NADA shows, average retail is 27,300 other than the LS option and a sofa instead of lounge, it seems identical to the 2007.

I guess my question is, what should I be willing to pay for either unit without being taken to the cleaners? I have looked on fleabay, various traders and forums, but the prices vary so much, I'm really in the dark. HELP!?

Oh yeah, this is my first post, wait until I start asking some hard questions Been reading alot, and there is a wealth of info here. Thanks!!! Jim
flygunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:29 PM   #2
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
LS has package updates like updated A/C unit, etc. SE gets you nice windows, alum interior, etc.

I'm not sure what a fair price would be, but I would say that in this economy, cash or good credit is king. Keep an eye out for corrosion on the outer skin and if you find it, it can be a good bargaining chip as a significant number of newer Airstreams have corrosion issues.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote