Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2009, 02:35 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1986 25' Sovereign
Ocala , Florida
Craigslist - Sounds too good to be true!

Saw this on Craigslist today - it can't be right!

2005 RV airstream bambi Length: 19' Style/Type: CCD/ Bambi Exterior Pinellas Co
coffeydelsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:46 PM   #2

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
There was a series of bogus Bambi ads that ran on numerous Craigslist sites throughout the US last Fall. The dumb$%*&'s even used the same pictures for most of the ads.

It pays to be vigilant...If it looks too good to be true...It almost always is.

Smart thinking on your part....

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:58 PM   #3
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
The listing has been removed already.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:05 PM   #4
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Craigslist is always hit or miss....mostly miss though.

Just in the news this evening here in Chicagoland, they just arrested a few dozen people for prostitution. How were they connecting? Craigslist.

Not to say all of Craigslist is bad, but IMHO, it's not a solid thing until you can prove otherwise. Sadly, eBay also has had it's share of things as well...nowhere near Craigslist though.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 06:12 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

1995 28' Excella
Delray beach , Florida
I want to sell a 25" lightly used excella classic. where do u think the best place to advertize is ? what price do u think is fair? the zip dee is in great shape it has window and gravel guards 1995
kimbal88s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 06:31 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
I have been watching Craiglist for a long time. Since the economy has been tanking the deals keep getting better and better.

Lothlorian
Old 03-03-2009, 07:26 AM   #7
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie View Post
Craigslist is always hit or miss....mostly miss though.

Just in the news this evening here in Chicagoland, they just arrested a few dozen people for prostitution. How were they connecting? Craigslist.

Not to say all of Craigslist is bad, but IMHO, it's not a solid thing until you can prove otherwise. Sadly, eBay also has had it's share of things as well...nowhere near Craigslist though.
Every page on Craigslist tells you to only deal locally, and only buy it if you can hold it in your hands and the seller has title.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:00 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbal88 View Post
I want to sell a 25" lightly used excella classic. where do u think the best place to advertize is ? what price do u think is fair? the zip dee is in great shape it has window and gravel guards 1995
We have our classifieds on this site. They get a lot of views -- many more than your post in this thread would. See posts 8 & 9 here - http://www.airforums.com/forums/f138...ics-44928.html. Edit those photos down to 360 x 360 before you place your ad. Be sure to note that you will need to log in separately over at classifieds -- the link is in the upper right corner.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:10 AM   #9
4 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Almost Always Sunny Sarasota , Florida
Searching for and buying things on craigslist can be a great fun. But you must be your own safety net. I found and brought my Sovereign on craigs'. It was a great experience for me. The ad that I found did not have any pictures. Which as we all know tell a big part of the story when we are trying to decide if we will continue to pursue an Airstream. Also having a phone # so you can talk to the owner one on one is very important. My Sovereign was a 4 1/2 hours from where I lived at the time so just dropping by to see it wasn't an eazy task. Asking all the questions that you can put together to see if the AS will fit your criteria. Never pay any money until you see the AS. Better to be ready to pick it up at that time.

Buyers Check List

Sales that seem too good to be true most likely are. Like the ads that have been showing up lately $5800.00 for a 2005 19' Airstream International. Lets be real, $5800 will not cover the down payment.
There was another one floating around that stated they would deliver it to anywhere in the US free of charge. Also with a price that was too good to be true. If it smells like a pig it most likely is a pig.

When I went to look at my first AS I was very lucky to have with me an experienced inspector. To him I will be forever grateful. He showed me how to inspect it and just what to look for, I had never been in an AS before. I didn't buy that first one on his advice. " Thanks again HowieE"

The advise from this forum on buying is worth $1000s. Be smart and go forward with your eyes open because there are great deals to be had now for the first time buyer. I am always looking for my #2 Airstream. Why not I love my Sovereign and would like to get her a little friend.

Full timing since Nov. 07.

SL