Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Trailer Values
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-10-2013, 12:52 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

2012 28' International
2009 34' Panamerica
Poplarville , Mississippi
Do the pictures of the one (and building behind it) at $52K resemble the one in the following link show at $28K in November 2012...

....in Sea/Tac, WA? Wonder why the seller didn't use his own current pics? Could it be a fishing exhibition for someone with a PA on another listing? Only the Shadow knows for sure.

Z
Zackybilly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:23 PM   #22
Old School Young Gun

Currently Looking...
Olney , Illinois
Wow. Looks like he bought it then is trying to flip it for a profit...
Old 09-10-2013, 03:28 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
Well that video unit above sure isn't the "Vitronix store" version at Colonial Airstream.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic w/ twin beds, 50 amp service, 1000 watt solar system, Centramatics, Tuson TPMS, 12" disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:46 PM   #24
Old School Young Gun

Currently Looking...
Olney , Illinois
Not even close lol
Old 09-10-2013, 05:06 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackybilly1 View Post
Do the pictures of the one (and building behind it) at $52K resemble the one in the following link show at $28K in November 2012...

....in Sea/Tac, WA? Wonder why the seller didn't use his own current pics? Could it be a fishing exhibition for someone with a PA on another listing? Only the Shadow knows for sure.

Z
If I would have found that trailer for $28,000 I would have bought it.
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:27 PM   #26
Old School Young Gun

Currently Looking...
Olney , Illinois
I wouldn't have even thought twice about it lol. I couldn't get to the bank quick enough!
Old 09-11-2013, 01:43 PM   #27
Old School Young Gun

Currently Looking...
Olney , Illinois
The guy sent me a message today. Heres what he said:

Hello there,

Thank you for your interest in my 2009 Airstream Pan America. I want you to know that I closed my auction earlier because someone offered me the buy it now price, but didn't have all the money available and I can not accept financing. The price I want to obtain for the RV is $50,000 US (this price includes shipping and insurance charges).It is like new, completely working, perfect running condition,with no hidden damages or accidents,it has always been garage kept, low miles, non-smoker no flood or storms. It is a US model with US specs and passed the US test emissions. It will be as if purchased locally. The title is clear and you will be able to register the vehicle in your state without any problems.
I am requesting a $50,000 refundable deposit at the be ginning of the shipping. If you are not 100% content with the Rv you will be able to ship it back on my expense to get your money back. I am sure this will not happen,
because it is a state of the art vehicle and you will have no reasons not to be content with it.
We will use eBay Motors as third party. First you will pay the payment to eBay and you will send the receipt proving your payment to eBay. Please note that eBay will hold your deposit of $50,000 until you will confirm that you received the vehicle and you transferred the title into your name.
If you agree with these terms, please send me your full name, home and shipping address, eBay ID so I can register the transaction with eBay asap.

...waiting for your fast answer, Alex Mueller
Old 09-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #28
3 Rivet Member

2012 28' International
2009 34' Panamerica
I just got one too. He says...

Hello there,

Thank you for your interest in my 2009 Airstream Pan America. I want you to know that I closed my auction earlier because someone offered me the buy it now price, but didn't have all the money available and I can not accept financing. The price I want to obtain for the RV is $50,000 US (this price includes shipping and insurance charges).It is like new, completely working, perfect running condition,with no hidden damages or accidents,it has always been garage kept, low miles, non-smoker no flood or storms. It is a US model with US specs and passed the US test emissions. It will be as if purchased locally. The title is clear and you will be able to register the vehicle in your state without any problems.
I am requesting a $50,000 refundable deposit at the be ginning of the shipping. If you are not 100% content with the Rv you will be able to ship it back on my expense to get your money back. I am sure this will not happen,
because it is a state of the art vehicle and you will have no reasons not to be content with it.
We will use eBay Motors as third party. First you will pay the payment to eBay and you will send the receipt proving your payment to eBay. Please note that eBay will hold your deposit of $50,000 until you will confirm that you received the vehicle and you transferred the title into your name.
If you agree with these terms, please send me your full name, home and shipping address, eBay ID so I can register the transaction with eBay asap.

...waiting for your fast answer, Alex Mueller

I baulked on him and requested he call me. He did. Extremely broken English & zero feed-back? Claims he hasn't sent the above letter to anyone else although I saw El Camino Man's post before receiving the email. Also, he said he closed the auction today as it was ending today anyway....not according to eBay...should have ended on Friday. Got a message from eBay saying they shut down the auction but no specific reason why.

Just for S&G, I asked him to send me some specific pics that I haven't seen anywhere on the net for a PanAmerica.

Z
Old 09-11-2013, 02:14 PM   #29
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Scam. I betcha.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:28 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1936 20' Clipper
1947 22' Liner
Curtis Wright
1989 37' Airstream 370
marshfield , Massachusetts
SCAM ALERT!!!!

They all start with a price that's too good to be true, a deposit that is always 100% secure and fully refundable, and of course the offer of free return shipping if you're not 100% happy with it (as if any seller is going to eat a shipping fee that could run into the thousands).

I recall seeing a deal that sounded exactly like his a couple of years ago.

DON'T WALK, RUN AWAY FROM THIS GUY!
streamquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:21 PM   #31
Old School Young Gun

Currently Looking...
Olney , Illinois
I had a feeling...

Especially after seeing this is an identical Airstream that sold a year ago...

Gotta say, I appreciate all the info from you guys! You probably saved me from $50,000 worth of grief!

Although I still want a Panamerica Just not this one

I reported that post saying it was a possible scam yesterday... Funny how it magically ended
Old 09-11-2013, 06:26 PM   #32
3 Rivet Member

2012 28' International
2009 34' Panamerica
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCamino Man View Post
You probably saved me from $50,000 worth of grief!
Yes...that's what we do....and typically we get a 10% commission on what we save the potential buyer...so we are going to need your PayPal information....asap!

Notice his sale price was right at the maximum of the eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection Program so a buyer would feel comfortable and not out on a limb. Unfortunately, he was using an AirStream as bait not knowing how he was toying with the emotions of people afflicted with "aluminitus"....next week, he'll just be scamming something else of similar value.

Z
Old 09-11-2013, 08:02 PM   #33
Old School Young Gun

Currently Looking...
Olney , Illinois
Sadly your probably right....

I was looking into it hardcore and got skiddish once I saw it wasn't covered by buyer protection and he had zero feedback score... I do my homework!
Old 09-11-2013, 10:02 PM   #34
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Didn't this sentence in the letters he sent raise your suspicion?

It is a US model with US specs and passed the US test emissions.

Since when does a trailer pass a US emissions test?
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:15 PM   #35
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewster View Post
Didn't this sentence in the letters he sent raise your suspicion?

It is a US model with US specs and passed the US test emissions.

Since when does a trailer pass a US emissions test?
Lewster

I noticed that too. That statement plus his free return shipping offer proves to me that it is a scam.

Dan
TouringDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:13 PM   #36
3 Rivet Member

2009 34' Panamerica
2008 22' Safari
Metro Detroit Area & Metro Dallas Area , Michigan & Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCamino Man View Post
Iv been thinking a TON these last few days. 50 grand is a ton of money to dump on an Airstream. Im getting a bit cold footed. Are there any Panamerica owners on here? If so, please speak up. Id love to talk to you! And Iv discovered the Eddie Bauer Airstream. Its somewhat like a PA... ish. They only come in 25 and 27 foot though but they still have the lift gate in the back. I don't think its meant for motorcycles though...
Just saw your post. I do, in fact, own a PA.
Urbanologist is offline   Reply With Quote