Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2006, 10:36 PM   #1

independence , Missouri
64 safari --whats it worth

i have a 64 airstream safari and was wondering if anybody knew what it is worth --- it has sat for around 15yrs or less and was completely infested with mice. everything is there as far as i know-except for the cushions for the couches. i know the lights work and stove should work(propane tanks leak) fridge i guess is propane not sure. i really haven't had time to mess with it much--anything you can tell me of what it is worth or where to find out would be appreciated. thanks p.s can post some pics
hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 06:10 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1968 24' Tradewind
Rural, blink and you'll miss it , Missouri
Hi Hawk! Welcome to the forums. I'm south of you on 71 Highway. Here's a link to help you value your trailer:

http://www.vintageairstream.com/rr_t...condition.html

I hope this helps. Are you thinking of selling the Safari?

Eljay

1968 Tradewind Double.
eljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 08:38 PM   #3

independence , Missouri
thanks

yea i'm thinking of selling, not sure yet? it's in real good condition and all intacted far as i know. thanks for the site, i'll have to look at it this week end. thanks again.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:31 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Lightbulb Sorry to break it to you, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk
it has sat for around 15yrs or less and was completely infested with mice.
doesn't sound to me like:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk
it's in real good condition
The skins may be in great shape, but a mouse infestation can be a huge problem...urine soaked insulation in the walls, chewed electrical wiring, dead creatures, odors, hante virus, etc. All of which can mean a MAJOR overhaul inside, IMO.

Read the link, it's a great indicator of condition & value.

If you do decide to sell it, there are plenty of folks here that would be willing and able to take on a project to bring this trailer back to habitable condition. Post pics when you get a chance ~

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 09:10 PM   #5

independence , Missouri
pics

will do on the pics--my take a little while. and yes the whole thing has to be gutted and re-wired -the lights all worked --i started taking the thing apart and sucked all the micey's up -- it was a pretty nasty sight-but at least it looks like it can be used again now and is mice free ---at least live ones.
Old 05-26-2006, 10:47 AM   #6

independence , Missouri
Selling

Well Here Are The Pics, Or At Least I Think They Should Be There. But Any Way, Let Me Know What You All Think It Should Or Could Be Worth. I Pretty Sure I'm Going To Sell It, And Have A Offer From A Guy Around The Corner Here And Want To Know If It's In The Park. Really It's More Than I Had Thought It Would Be Worth. Thanks Hawk