Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Trailer Values
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-17-2011, 02:31 PM   #1
Avion C11 Gaucho

Currently Looking...
Old Town , Florida
1968 or 1969 Avion C11

I recently purchased a complete 1968 or 1969 Avion C11 truck camper. It is complete but needs some work. The wings are rotting where the jacks are attached and the fridge doesn't seem to work. How do I find out what this camper is worth before I start spending too much money on it?
bklecka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:52 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
HOUSE SPRINGS , MO
Welcome to the forums!

Here is a link that will help a bit with identification, if you are sure it's not a 1967, then it looks like you may need to look for a manual from 1970 for more information. Dr. G on this site is VERY helpful, he is great at returning emails. I am sure you will find what you need here or at least how to get what you need.

Avion Travelcade Club Travel Former member Fifth Wheel Fleetwood Trailer Cayo RV Repairs Interesting Email Winona LakeIndiana Unit

Also, post some photos. That will help everyone weighing-in with their opinions as to value. Condition is huge - how much is original and how much is missing? There are one or two other threads on here regarding the Avion Truck Campers and their restoration. That will help you with photo references.

Again, welcome and good luck - Avions are great!

Tina
Old 08-18-2011, 12:20 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Mount Airy , North Carolina
On a slightly different subject, I want to add an AC unit to my 1969 C-11. I have seen in the owner's manual that there is a pre-wired 110v line in the roof just behind the front vent. Does anyone have information that will help me find the proper location to cut the new opening? Thanks. Peter
pktempleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:47 PM   #4
Avion C11 Gaucho

Currently Looking...
Old Town , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by pktempleton
On a slightly different subject, I want to add an AC unit to my 1969 C-11. I have seen in the owner's manual that there is a pre-wired 110v line in the roof just behind the front vent. Does anyone have information that will help me find the proper location to cut the new opening? Thanks. Peter
My C11 came with a Coleman Mach air conditioner on top. It is powered by 110 line that appears to be factory but, it now has a 110 outlet and a standard grounded plug attached to the ac unit. Sort of weird.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:49 PM   #5
Avion C11 Gaucho

Currently Looking...
Old Town , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by pktempleton
I will take some pictures of my setup and post them here or if you want high quality pics send me your email address, Billy.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:44 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Columbia , South Carolina
My 69 also came with a Coleman Mach which I replaced with a new Coleman Mach in doing so I found the original wires were there but not being used. They were not behind the front vent but right between the to spars in the ceiling right in front of the fridge.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:38 AM   #7
1 Rivet Member

Mount Airy , North Carolina
As followup to my quesiton, I received several responses that gave me the courage to cut into the roof about 27" behind the front vent. I found the pre-wired 110v line and discovered it was also wired into one of the 20 amp breakers in the closet. I lucked out! So that solves the mystery in my C-11. I have heard of others that found the wire in the same location but their wire was not connected to the breaker box, only subbed in near by.
pktempleton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags