Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2009, 01:15 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Photostream
That was definitely over the top a lot. We bought a 77 27' Overlander for 6500 in OCT of 2007 we added new Axles from Henshen(OEM) for another 1500 and most everything else was new>>> tires, AC, Fridge ,pump and it was other wise in pretty fair shape. We did buy it with some other issues but nothing I cant handle.
Check out the one in Cincinnati(Blandchester) looks pretty fair.GOOD HUNTING!
Roger
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:26 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

1972 25' Tradewind
Mobile By Way Of Atlanta, By Way Of Denver! , Alabama
I'm pretty new at this but I posted an ad for an older couple who's trying to sell their 1977 Sovereign (factory paint, clean, awnings, rear BEDROOM, mid bath, good working order) down here and I posted it at $9700 obo but I know they may only want $8500ish... or maybe less... anyways, my point is: $13k sounds high to me. Not an expert but after juggling through classifieds, ebay, and here for a year I would be cautious about "settling"...

... but, like somebody else mentioned: you've got the money, and you're happy with it then GO FOR IT!

Good luck!
Shar
72BamaStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:51 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Almost Always Sunny Sarasota , Florida
I would say that price is just over the top. Maybe $8500 for a unit as you have described. Did you know that there are more used Airstreams for sale in Florida then in any state in the union? Check Craigslist.com I would keep looking for the 27 footer that you really want. There's one for you out there and I would say just give it a little more time and you will find it.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:02 PM   #24
4 Rivet Member

1975 Argosy 24
Malakoff , Texas
I saw this one in our classifieds....it's a "mid bath".
Airstream Trailer & Airstream Motorhome Classifieds - 1977 Airstream Sovereign Factory Painted OBO - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds
kennethowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 03:18 PM   #25
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72BamaStream View Post
I'm pretty new at this but I posted an ad for an older couple who's trying to sell their 1977 Sovereign (factory paint, clean, awnings, rear BEDROOM, mid bath, good working order) down here and I posted it at $9700 obo but I know they may only want $8500ish... or maybe less... anyways, my point is: $13k sounds high to me. Not an expert but after juggling through classifieds, ebay, and here for a year I would be cautious about "settling"...

... but, like somebody else mentioned: you've got the money, and you're happy with it then GO FOR IT!

Good luck!
Shar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethowens View Post
This is one and the same trailer.
As for the one you are asking about, if I were to "settle" for something that is not what I am looking for, I would want to pay less money, because it isn't what I want, rather than more money, because the seller put that much into it.
A pound of hamburger is worth 5 bucks on a good day, even if you paid the butcher $50 to grind it up for you.
We paid less than $3K for our Sovereign, and sunk over $11K into it. If I were to sell it, I would only expect to get $6K-$8K for it. They built Sovereigns in the '70's as fast as they could crank them out of the factory. There are plenty more out there for a lot less money.
overlander63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:01 PM   #26
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Fort Myers , Florida
Update

We thought we better give an update since some people might be wondering what we did. We bought it and are very happy with the condition of it. It's not our first choice in layout, but we're going to work with it. We're doing some cleaning and are getting ready to make our first road trip. The nice thing about our Airstream is that the previous owners have done so much of what we've been reading people have to do when they find one to buy or rescue. We may be naive, but there don't appear to be any issues. Everything works. We may have paid too much, but it's ours to enjoy now.
Thank you for your advice and wisdom. We'll be starting a blog and hope to add our adventures to the forum. Please check back with us to follow our photography.
photostreamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:29 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1973 31' Sovereign
Danielsville , Georgia
Having so many hours in the restoration part of it, if I could have afforded to buy one that had been restored like I've done mine, I'd have gladly paid that much, because I'll never have those hours back to spend with my family.

Even if you pay too much, if it is what you want...you're only out money and you can always make more of it. It's worse to pay to little and be stuck with something that doesn't accomplish what you purchased it for.

Pictures?
PizzaChop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
price, cleaning