Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-01-2007, 10:18 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1963 24' Tradewind
Pittsford , New York
Where is the new Airstream Pricing / models

I have a vintage unit but have been thinking about possibly getting a new unit. The Airstream site used to have pricing/models/floorplans but now there is no pricing and all of the models available do not seem to be there.

Am I completely missing something?
sigv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:43 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2006 16' International CCD
New York , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigv
The Airstream site used to have pricing/models/floorplans but now there is no pricing and all of the models available do not seem to be there.
The new Airstream site is still incomplete - but to my knowledge all the models they currently ship are on the website.

That said, I recommend Colonial Airstream " Of New Jersey " 1121 Rt. 88 Lakewood, NJ 08701 Airstreams #1 Volume Dealership to get MSRPs, pictures, and other Airstream details. They are kind enough to maintain info on older (i.e. sold) models, so for example you can still get good info on the Bambi Quiksilver http://www.colonialairstream.com/newinventory/7857.html.
ljmiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 02:10 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1963 24' Tradewind
Pittsford , New York
Thanks for the heads up I visited their site.

Seems kind of strange that a dealer has more information on their site than the manufactuer..
sigv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 04:41 PM   #4
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Thumbs down Strange

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up I visited their site.

Seems kind of strange that a dealer has more information on their site than the manufactuer..
Strange yes.....But we're used to it by now!!!
Old 10-01-2007, 06:30 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2007 25' Classic
Hydes
Strange but oh so true. To my knowledge, Colonial has the best Airstream site period.
craftsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 07:01 PM   #6
E Pluribus Aluminus

2008 34' Classic S/O
1967 22' Safari
2005 30' Classic
Land Of Enchantment , New Mexico
Quote:
The Airstream site used to have pricing/models/floorplans but now there is no pricing and all of the models available do not seem to be there.
Am I completely missing something?
Airstream may be hiking the price at dealerships and before pricing on their site, waiting to see what "the market will bear" before posting a "suggested retail" on their site. This balances everything out...

We're in for a big increase folks...

Colonial may be in bed with 'em, but they are still the absolute best site out there for Airstream! Makes one wonder why Airstream [Fleetwood], allows this. Amazing yet why we go to Colonial vs. the Mothership for Airstream info... A/S must have a bunch of recent MBA grads who's idea of camping is sleeping at the Omni with the windows open...
The trouble with trouble is it always starts out as fun...
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:24 PM   #7
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon
Airstream may be hiking the price at dealerships and before pricing on their site, waiting to see what "the market will bear" before posting a "suggested retail" on their site. This balances everything out...

We're in for a big increase folks...

Colonial may be in bed with 'em, but they are still the absolute best site out there for Airstream! Makes one wonder why Airstream [Fleetwood], allows this. Amazing yet why we go to Colonial vs. the Mothership for Airstream info... A/S must have a bunch of recent MBA grads who's idea of camping is sleeping at the Omni with the windows open...
Bill,

Airstream is owned by Thor, Inc and thankfully NOT Fleetwood. If you think that Airstream is not all that responsive on their customer service and warranty issues, you should buy a Fleetwood product and see what they have to offer. You would not be happy!

And to make things worse, Fleetwood just closed a large plant in Californa and moved it to.......you guessed it......MEXICO! Can't wait to work on those units .
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:37 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Hijack - or diversion - whichever

Bought two brand spanking new. Got good deals on both. IFFIN I were to do it again I'd hold out and get one 2, 3, 4, 5 years old. Lots of folks upsize, downsize or just find out they don't like camping after buying. I've also seen many SOB's including big mohos where the buyer gets seriously ill or dies within months of the purchase and the family needs to sell urgently.

Save yourself $3K to $??? and buy someone else's miscalculation. It's truly the best of both worlds. AND even if you have to deal with an interior that isn't your cup of tea (hazard orange CCD or Kiwi Safari aren't mine) you can easily afford custom upholstery with the money you save.

Paula Ford