Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-07-2018, 08:43 PM   #21
1 Rivet Member

2018 23' Flying Cloud
2018 25' International
Grafton , WI
Congrats Rounder44,
We picked up our new AS yesterday. We got a 30amp extension cord (slightly blemished but probably new with AS). Along with that a box of other things: remote controls for TV's, Bluray disc player, radio, & radio faceplate box. Also propane hose, sewer hose elbow connector with clamp, awning pull rod, jack wrench, stabilizer speed wrench, electrical outlet tester, AS doormat, canvas AS embroidered zipper case with all the manuals and paperwork, and last but not least a fancy metal AS key ring.
I remember being told by the dealer that they could give their customers a kit with all that extra stuff in it but then some of it might not be to your liking, and you'd be paying more for your AS in the long run.
I believe we got a great deal on our AS and I'll buy the extra accessories and not have the dealer raise the price of the purchase with these unused items.
I do love the idea of embroidered AS jackets, sweet(But then someone else might think that's a waste!!!!)
Thurston III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 09:37 AM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
High Point , North Carolina
We bought a Flying Cloud and literally could have taken it straight to a campground when we picked it up. They gave us everything required to start camping.
Rfriebele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 09:52 AM   #23
Trailer Sold, Waving

2019 26' Flying Cloud
Stettler , Alberta
I purchased from Colonial, and in addition to all the stuff the other Colonial customers mentioned, the WD hitch, installation, setup and instruction was included, along with a hitch lock. Also was a 6 hour briefing/walkthrough, and two overnights on the lot. The techs were available to me all three days for questions, and they lowered my dining room table two inches for better ergonomics.
Still continue to be available on the phone for questions.
PS. While I was there, people were arriving from all over the country (as I was, from Tennessee) just to get the best deal and best service.
WBCCI #6679
Acheron2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 12:30 PM   #24
1 Rivet Member

2011 20' Flying Cloud
Asheville , North Carolina
We've bought 4 Airstreams over the years, from 3 different dealers. With each we've received a briefcase with all of the paperwork and manuals, an Airstream doormat, awning tool, stabilizer wrench, electric cord, pillows and bedspread. From dealers we've received either a store gift card for picking out extras, or a gift pack like other mentioned containing sewer and water hoses and combinations of 50-30 or 30-15 amp converters, polarity testers, step covers, folding step stool and sewer hose slinky support. We got the nicest package from Airstream Adventures NW near Seattle as well as great service.
Cheryle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 01:44 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2019 26' Flying Cloud
Poulsbo , Washington
We picked up a 2019 Flying Cloud 26RB from Airstream Adventures NW, Covington, in October. As above, we got the factory products already mentioned. We picked up our own sewer hoses, water hoses, wheel chocks, etc.

What we did get was a nice welcome gift from the dealership! A couple of weeks after picking up our trailer, we received a box, which included a custom aluminum name plate, complete with two rivets, to mount next to the front door of our new trailer! A nice touch, Airstream Adventures NW!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1165.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	238.9 KB
ID:	327854  
DougFelts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 03:26 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2015 30' FB FC Bunk
Ayer , Massachusetts
I got a frustrating hobby.
Ted S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 03:52 PM   #27
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

With this and a whole bunch of other things, the dealer you buy from *does* matter. If cutting costs to the bone is their thing, you get a pretty small pile ... thank you for your business.

At least when we got our trailer at Colonial, it came ready to camp in and that included two folding chairs that matched the awning. Indeed some of the stuff was from Colonial and some was from AS. (Well, no there wasn't any beer in the fridge ...)

As noted, the 50A cable (from AS) and the 50 to 30A adapter (from Colonial) were used to power up the trailer during checkout and while we were in it on the lot. I guess that makes them "used" when we got them. It also means they were tested before we used them ..... I'd say that was a really good idea.

Looking back through the various posts, I don't see the included toilet paper mentioned ... mighty big item there I also don't see the basic winterization kit mentioned.

Does AS include the door mat with every level of trim and every model? It's AS .... who knows .... Same with the chairs, they do come with a Classic.

Everything that was actually needed in the "pile" (other than the power cord) likely could have been purchased for < $100 at Target and / or a camping store. All of the expendables got used up fairly quickly. Much of the other stuff has since been replaced by a different brand that better suits our needs.

Bob
uncle_bob is online now   Reply With Quote