Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2017, 05:29 PM   #21
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujeeze View Post
Im really in no hurry to purchase an AS, but would just like to know when is the best time to buy? New and Used?
Hi

February seems to be the "best month" in snow country for new trailers. Others would claim that November is better (just as it goes into storage for the winter). Any of the months with snow on the ground are probably a good bet.

The same "winter storage" issue applies to used as well. Used trailers go fast if they are in good shape and anywhere near priced right. What you will find hanging around in February are things that likely are way over priced. The issue is being there when this sinks in. Often people over correct.

We bought our AS from Colonial in NJ. I couldn't be happier with the deal. The whole process was a pleasure. They had lots of inventory to look at and we spent a lot of time sorting through all the models. What we ultimately bought was not at all what we went over thinking we would buy. It was entirely our decision. Zero pressure (but lots of support) from everybody we talked to at Colonial.

I'm certain there are other dealers out there who are just as good. Who they are, I have no idea. I probably would not drive to NJ from California. The three hour drive from here worked fine for us.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 05:32 AM   #22
maa
2 Rivet Member

Katy , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatLee View Post
Which dealership did you buy from?

We are looking to purchase from an Austin, TX dealership.
maa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 07:54 AM   #23
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

The world of RV's collapsed into it's self 5 to 10 years ago. That's very true at the dealer level and also true at the manufacturer and parts supplier levels. Indeed some were impacted far more than others. You have a much smaller dealer footprint for any of these brands today than you did a while ago. Driving a ways to find a good dealer is the result. If the current boom in sales continues for another ten years or so, you will see a lot more big dealers out there.

Bob
Old 07-11-2017, 10:12 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
Avoid the overpriced factory solar system. That is added by many dealers for additional profit.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic model 30 twin beds, 50 amp service, 900 watt solar system, Centramatics, Tuson TPMS, disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 05:27 PM   #25
maa
2 Rivet Member

Katy , Texas
After the dealer told us they were at their bottom price they did agree to add an E2 hitch and a back up camera with no additional cost. Thanks for your help everyone!
Old 07-11-2017, 05:33 PM   #26
Traveler

2017 25' International
Staunton , Virginia
I got pillows, a bad comforter, all the sewer stuff, a gfci checker, a welcome mat, a fresh water hose, a 30 amp cord, a DVD I've never watched, a national geographic national parks book and 3 free airstream hats. Why the 3 free hats? I walked away twice so my deal took 3 days. Every day, I walked into their shop, picked a hat and said 'you're throwin this in right?'

After 3 days I got 20% under MSRP they didn't wanna give me anymore free hats.
TravlinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 09:47 AM   #27
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravlinMan View Post
I got pillows, a bad comforter, all the sewer stuff, a gfci checker, a welcome mat, a fresh water hose, a 30 amp cord, a DVD I've never watched, a national geographic national parks book and 3 free airstream hats. Why the 3 free hats? I walked away twice so my deal took 3 days. Every day, I walked into their shop, picked a hat and said 'you're throwin this in right?'

After 3 days I got 20% under MSRP they didn't wanna give me anymore free hats.
Hi

You got HATS !!! I'm sending my trailer back. People get lunch, people get hats. I just didn't get a good deal

I think I got that same "can't remember what it is" DVD as well. Some of this gets into things that your simply can't even remember. I did get a very nice blanket that keeps the toes warm. At least I think it will once it's not 98 degrees outside.

Not sure any of this counts as "add on". It all came with the trailer from the factory as standard items. The comforters (or whatever they are called) on the beds and all the throw pillows all went into a duffle. We tossed them into storage "just in case". I can't see us changing out minds about them any time soon. AS also tossed in a couple of chairs that are in storage. Nice chairs but not if you are "full sized". They also tossed in the door mat with the logo on it and a nice bag to hold the 583 pounds of paperwork.

Lots of swag !!

One hint: Figure out when the month end / quarter end / year end is. You just *might* get the deal worked out a little quicker then. I wasn't anywhere near smart enough to figure it out. I did happen to get lucky ....

Bob
Old 07-12-2017, 09:55 AM   #28
Traveler

2017 25' International
Staunton , Virginia
I almost started grabbin more expensive stuff I think they woulda let me take anything but the Honda generator. Shoulda at least gotten myself a couple shirts!

My advice is don't do your deal in the showroom floor or salesman office. Do it in the swag shop.
TravlinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 05:25 AM   #29
maa
2 Rivet Member

Katy , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatLee View Post
Which dealership did you buy from?

Camper Clinic in Austin, TX