Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-06-2017, 07:07 AM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Southwestern Ontario , Ontario Canada
Send a message via MSN to TRIPPPIN Send a message via Yahoo to TRIPPPIN
Another big yes for dealing with CanAm. Being one of the top dealers in North America they have the experience to help with problems down the road even if it is just over the phone. Remember that specs are slightly different on Canadian models and that some resale buyers you come across in future may be influenced by that. If you decide to import one from a US dealer there is a cost and you should become familiar with the RIV website to know what is involved. Also in some state sales taxes must be paid and may not be refundable and when you import you must pay all the local and federal taxes in fees so you could pay twice for some of that. There are many reputable delivery companies here in the London area and may be worth asking about the cost if you don't want to travel as much.
TRIPPPIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 07:28 AM   #22
4 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
London , Ontario
Another plug for CanAM. I am also fortunate to live in London and I appreciate all of the expertise available locally! We tow a 27FB FC with a 2015 Toyota Highlander and we are happy with the setup. They take care of all of the details. Plus, they are very good about small repairs to get you quickly on your way. Nice people. Great service.
Philip Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 07:48 AM   #23
3 Rivet Member

2015 27' FB International
Wheatley , Ontario
I bought my AS in New Jersey...picking up in April, well worth it.
lovetokite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 09:36 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
I bought mine in New Jersey, and I'm from Tampa, Florida. Just make the trip part of the adventure.
2014 Airstream Flying Cloud 30 Recliner - WBCCI #4850 - AIR #110821
2018 Nissan Armada SL Tow Vehicle, Equal-i-zer Hitch
Visit Our Flying Cloud blog for my latest adventure!
FCStreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 11:37 AM   #25
3 Rivet Member

1988 32.5' Airstream 325
calgary , alberta
Smile airstream dealer canada

Hi All
Hope your weather is better than western Canada!! There is a RV dealer now in Calgary Travel Land On the #2 north, They have an over all good reputation for service and support. Have not used them, but have heard good things! In answer to the comment about A/S service You have to be qualified and have a good track Record!! The closest to Calgary That I have used is Airstream of Spokane and I highly Recommend them, Those folks are amazing!! {Toby how are You?} Jonathan
jhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 11:43 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2014 25' FB International
2007 20' Safari SE
2005 19' Safari
Qualicum Beach , British Columbia
I guess we are lucky to have such a great dealer out here in the west at Midtown RV. Of the 3 dealers we have purchased from, they were far and away the best dealership for initial purchase and service. We now live 8 hours away from them and I wouldn't hesitate to make the drive.
I understand your dilemma though and we did it for our second trailer out of Saskatoon, however dealer support was non existent and we were happy to not have to drive that far again.

George
gandttimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 12:56 PM   #27
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
In my way of thinking, it's not really 14 hours of driving: it's 7 hours there and a camping trip on the way back.

Pat

AIR 3987
TAC VA-2
WBCCI 4596
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 02:27 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2007 20' Safari SE
2005 19' Safari
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmclemore View Post
In my way of thinking, it's not really 14 hours of driving: it's 7 hours there and a camping trip on the way back.

Pat
That's how we approached our first purchase in Oregon. Drove down from BC with the intent of picking up the trailer and having a wonderful 2 weeks of camping the coast and heading home.

George
Old 01-07-2017, 08:24 PM   #29
1 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Gold Canyon , Arizona
Midtown service.

Some people have obviously had better service then I have experienced in Penticton. My unit went for major service in September 2015. When the job
was not completed a month later a request was made to have the unit winterized. When the unit was picked up in January the water system was filled with antifreeze but the boiler had not been drained and had burst. They refused to take responsibility for it, and haven't seen me since.
Joe OR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 08:51 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2007 20' Safari SE
2005 19' Safari
Penticton went out of their way to go to bat for me when I had issues with the micropulse monitoring system on our 2014 International by having Airstream pay for the install of Seelevel and a complete leak test .
No I have no issues with them. Sorry you didn't get good service.
Old 01-08-2017, 09:53 AM   #31
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 24
Kitchener , Ontario
When going to pick up an Airstream you only count the outbound trip as time spent. The return trip is the first adventure in the new lifestyle.
Gearheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 06:31 AM   #32
1 Rivet Member

Sackville , New Brunswick
...Just to let you know, we decided to go with Canam-RV. After getting quotes from all available options, Can-am turned out to be the best offer. This made more so by the differences between Quebec and Ontario Sales tax.

This factor plus the gushing recommendations led to the ultimate decision that it was worth the drive. We have already started the paperwork. See you this summer in our Sport!
Maritime_Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 06:39 AM   #33
.-. -...

2017 25' International
Niagara-on-the-Lake , ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime_Jon View Post
... This made more so by the differences between Quebec and Ontario Sales tax.
Congratulations on your purchase.

If you register the trailer in your home province you will need to pay the sales tax there and should be exempt from paying the Ontario taxes. Check with Can-Am on how to avoid paying both taxes because you are exporting the Airstream to your home province.

"Sales of goods that are delivered by the supplier to destinations outside the province are exempt from PST within the province where the supplier is located; however, these goods are subject to PST in the province where they are consumed. If a company ships goods to three provinces, that company must comply with the collection and remittance of three different provincial sales taxes (where applicable) to each of the three provincial tax authorities."
Old 01-11-2017, 08:10 AM   #34
1 Rivet Member

Sackville , New Brunswick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventure.AS View Post
Congratulations on your purchase.

If you register the trailer in your home province you will need to pay the sales tax there and should be exempt from paying the Ontario taxes. Check with Can-Am on how to avoid paying both taxes because you are exporting the Airstream to your home province.

"Sales of goods that are delivered by the supplier to destinations outside the province are exempt from PST within the province where the supplier is located; however, these goods are subject to PST in the province where they are consumed. If a company ships goods to three provinces, that company must comply with the collection and remittance of three different provincial sales taxes (where applicable) to each of the three provincial tax authorities."
Uhm, but its not being delivered. I am purchasing it in Ontario. But I am registering it in NB. OK I'm confused. Anyone have official links that can clear this up?
Maritime_Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 02:17 PM   #35
1 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Lavaltrie , Quebec
Roulotte Ste-Anne

Roulotte Ste-Anne is the closest dealer for you.

The problem is not where you buy it, it's where to service it after.
most of the time when you are not a customer, you pass the last .....

i bought 2 units At Rv Canada and 1 at Roulotte Ste-Anne

For the Taxe, you don't pay the local one but you pay you're own at the registration to get you're licence plate
laperrl is offline   Reply With Quote