Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-06-2017, 04:16 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2018 19' Flying Cloud
Newport , Washington
Tracking build progress

Earlier this week we ordered a 2018 FC19 from our local dealer. There is a VIN number on the sales & purchase agreement. Is there any way that VIN number can be used to track the factory build and shipping progress?

We were told to expect shipment in about 8 weeks and I know I can be patient for about 6 weeks max. That last 2 weeks we're going to be on pins and needles and I'd rather not be calling the dealer every day.
KelloggKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:04 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' International
Coopersburg , Pennsylvania
I'm waiting on a 2018 as well.
Anyone know the answer to KelloggKid's question?
BillF95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 11:12 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Back in 2013 - there was no way that I knew of that was automated and online based.

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 11:53 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
No tracking system but you can call them and ask. In fact you can go to the factory and watch you trailer being completed and rolled off the line.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 01:59 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2016 19' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
The best I can offer is to look at the vin #'s that start showing up at the dealers and you can get a good sense of where you are in the construction sequence. I don't think that they necessarily construct in sequence but it should be close. Also, google airstream vin and you will find an explanation of vin #'s from airstream.com. I think the last 4 or 6 digits give you an idea of the sequence.
ATownTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 05:16 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Livingston , Texas
We are currently at JC. The best way to get a date of build is to contact your dealer for the info.

Right now the latest production number I saw today was around 54037x if this helps. They are building 80 per week or 9 per day. All sizes and trim levels at any given time. Not single runs of a particular units. This DOES NOT include Base Camps (21/wk) nor Interstates (17/wk). They are produced in other buildings now. Nor the Nest.

A guy came in and wanted to see his unit being built for early June with a number around 54063X. He was a bit early to say the least. But anxious as you are.

I have been watching a buddy's trailer being built this week. Of course, only during the 2:00 PM tours. The tour guides are more than accommodating letting the ones with builds see their units progress.

This build was started lated Monday and will most likely finish Friday. For a total of 4.8 days. It's a 28'. Or as the build says, a 27FB TB., but marketed as a 28' TB. There are essentially 2 lines of production now.

I hope this helps...

It is a great tour and to see your trailer being built is a great memory to have.

Sid
Old 05-13-2017, 09:21 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Southeastern , Pennsylvania
We did the tour in late April. Fantastic. We toured the interior of an International Signature that was having its cabinetry installed. It had the dark Int'l Signature cabinetry with white shiny veneer draw faces. We loved it and inquired. We were told it was a "prototype". We are still in the thinking about it phase but the tour was great. I hope some insurance bean counter doesn't require changes to the tour because it proceeds right through the whole process. You can even talk to the tradesmen/women while they are working.
phil1ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 09:35 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

Louisville , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphere Guy View Post
We are currently at JC. The best way to get a date of build is to contact your dealer for the info.

Right now the latest production number I saw today was around 54037x if this helps. They are building 80 per week or 9 per day. All sizes and trim levels at any given time. Not single runs of a particular units. This DOES NOT include Base Camps (21/wk) nor Interstates (17/wk). They are produced in other buildings now. Nor the Nest.

A guy came in and wanted to see his unit being built for early June with a number around 54063X. He was a bit early to say the least. But anxious as you are.

I have been watching a buddy's trailer being built this week. Of course, only during the 2:00 PM tours. The tour guides are more than accommodating letting the ones with builds see their units progress.

This build was started lated Monday and will most likely finish Friday. For a total of 4.8 days. It's a 28'. Or as the build says, a 27FB TB., but marketed as a 28' TB. There are essentially 2 lines of production now.

I hope this helps...

It is a great tour and to see your trailer being built is a great memory to have.

Sid

Nice talking to you yesterday Sid
timdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 09:40 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
I so want to do the tour one day soon

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote