Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-08-2015, 06:46 PM   #41
Slympicins

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Sevierville , Tennessee
I have heard great things about AirstreamNW and Colonial in Jersey. There is another in Texas that has been calling me for my business and the sales person seems motivated.
Slympicins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 08:44 PM   #42
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
laguna beach , California
I'm in Laguna Beach, CA. I signed up on this site and did research for over a year, then bought my 2012 EB AS sight unseen at Crain RV in Arkansas. Nice people, great deal...

Ford F-350 crew cab 4X4 diesel, 25' Jack Bauer edition AS
sparkymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 08:23 PM   #43
3 Rivet Member

1994 34' Limited
Salem , Oregon
we also went to a dealer outside of Portland, Oregon. We felt so mislead we cancelled and demanded our deposit back. We have since spoken with the dealership in Eugene, Oregon and found them very helpful, even suggesting less expensive alternatives with other vendors over themselves for things like tires. We plan to have them do some cosmetic work for us and are looking forward to working with them.
MontyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 09:04 PM   #44
Slympicins

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Sevierville , Tennessee
Here is an idea. It's a ball mount bag for your equipment. Now keep in mind some of us have bigger equipment than others but this should support some people's needs.

http://www.etrailer.com/p-ETBMB.html
Slympicins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 10:38 PM   #45
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Small Town , *** Big Sky Country ***Western Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyV View Post
we also went to a dealer outside of Portland, Oregon. We felt so mislead we cancelled and demanded our deposit back. We have since spoken with the dealership in Eugene, Oregon and found them very helpful, even suggesting less expensive alternatives with other vendors over themselves for things like tires. We plan to have them do some cosmetic work for us and are looking forward to working with them.
Suggest to try AS Adv NW in Seattle (actually Covington) we have voted there with our checkbook twice ... 650 miles each way!

As a side note - both of our trade-ins were sold in less than two weeks after we made the deals... one in February and the other in July; so that speaks to both the demand for used AS and this particular dealer's ability to strike deals with a variety of folks.
Terminal Aluminitis; 2-people w/ 3+ dogs
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 05:02 AM   #46
3 Rivet Member

1994 21' Sovereign
The high country. Black Mountain range. , North Carolina
While we are relatively new to Airstreaming, we have over 25 years experience of RVing. When we purchased our new to us 1994 21' Sovereign from a neighbor he recommended Out of Doors Mart in Colfax, N.C.. We had them pack wheel bearings, new brakes, and go through the Sovereign from end to end. We also looked at new Airstreams and talked to their sales staff. Our experience could not have gone better.
JaynEss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 10:56 PM   #47
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Spicewood (W of Austin) , Texas
Really nice, relaxed, and knowledgeable salesman at Vogt in Fort Worth, TX named Jeffrey. The only thing he did in a hurry was to make me feel comfortable. This was despite the fact I'd already told him I'd put earnest money down on another AS elsewhere.... he gave me a tour of several new ones on the lot and carefully explained the features of each. He knows AirStreams.
Just thought I'd pass along the experience. Not a huge service department but when I had one question he didn't know, Jeff quickly had a knowledgeable service tech come out and answer my question. Pleasant experience.
Boxite is offline   Reply With Quote