Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-04-2021, 04:40 PM   #21

2019 27' Globetrotter
Hermosa Beach , California
PB. Model

My husband and I have looked into the new PB model and had a long discussion with our dealer. We have a 2019 27’ Globetrotter and we love it. The new PB model is just a style we really love so we wanted to explore upgrading.
We can get more for our current model than we paid for it!
The new model has lithium batteries and COMES WITH 4 solar panels.
It’s upgraded with better WiFi and of course all the smart features.
Visually, it’s amazing if PB is your style. The details are beautiful in my opinion.

A few concerns are the fabric couch and curtains staying clean. We have a labradoodle and currently cover the couch when we leave her. Not a huge deal, but I’d love to actually see the couch and fabric before committing.
Another concern is the fridge doesn’t run on propane. Our dealer assured us with the solar and lithium this would be great even though we mostly dry camp. I’m a bit concerned about this and would love any thoughts about that.
For us, the outside storage placement is better than the one behind our propane tank.

As for the high price, the demand is there so there really isn’t any reason for them to negotiate. I don’t think the price will come down. With that said, if you have an airstream to sell or trade, now is a great time to do that.

Just my .02 cents as we’ve been on the fence putting down a deposit😉
Kim Lyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 05:22 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Jim Falls , Wisconsin
If you really like it, you can get what you paid for yours, and you can afford the difference; then go for it. Enjoy.

I think the fridge is a mute thing. The 12v system is the wave of the future.

The “smart features” would give me pause. I might ask for an extended warranty on that. Sounds expensive to fix. And then what happens if you are out on the road, can the trailer operate without the smart features?

I have a rear bedroom and do like the rear storage. Also you will find it reduces your tongue weight when towing since your bed and all the storage is in the back.
Daquenzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 12:30 PM   #23

Burlington , Ontario
The Pottery Barn collaboration is quite something.

The 36 minute walkthrough was worth the watch...

https://youtu.be/mSGRRlBX3nk

I too had HUGE sticker shock until watching the video. Comparing models then adding all the options that come standard on the PB really narrows the gap in price.

Definitely an aesthetic appeal at first, then seeing the other little touches and features in the video sold us on the extra $$, IMO of course.

Cheers!
Steve
sce.allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 09:52 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

2008 27' Safari FB SE
2023 28' Pottery Barn
Delta , BC
Ordered a PB this week, expected delivery Apr 2022. Struggled with the cloth interior and less storage but not one trailer is perfect, each one has something we like and something we don’t. We are happy within our 27FB but had been looking for a few years and although ducted air was the driving force, something different also drove us.
bugman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 11:28 PM   #25
1 Rivet Member

2022 28' Pottery Barn
Springville , Utah
We put a down payment on a Pottery Barn twin last week. I went in to our dealer in September and was quoted $141,900. Checked with a couple other places and was quoted $149,000 and $159,000 for the same unit. I waited for my local dealer to get the floor model in so we could see one in person and their delivery date was bumped 5 times and then in November they finally told me they had no idea when they would get one.
They finally got a customers model in the first of the year and we were able to walk it before they took delivery. I asked the price and was quoted $144,900. Mentioned I had been quoted less back in September and he said once you decide if you want one I will see how close I can get to the first price you were quoted. A few days later my salesman called and said he’d have one in June that had been ordered last September but the client had sold his house and needed to get into one sooner so had bought a gt 27, which was my 2nd choice. I asked what he could do and 10 minutes later texted me $137,900. I was surprised it was less but jumped at the chance because it was what my wife wanted. We were told had we not taken the place of the other one we wouldn’t be getting it till October or November .
Waited 5 years doing the research so 10-11 months wasn't a big deal.
Harley-boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 08:41 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2022 28' Pottery Barn
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ , California
We have one, stumbled upon it in August/September of 2021 with a PNW dealer when they had an allocation that somehow was not taken. Took delivery in 12/21 and we paid sticker vs. shopping all of the the US or waiting 1-2 years for an order. We were told we may have been one of the first to have a PB delivered in the country.

My wife wanted a PB - plain and simple. The features and look of the PB are without a doubt worth it. It is one of the best purchases we have ever made.

Life is short, buy it if you want it.
WellSaid11 is offline   Reply With Quote