Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-12-2010, 04:31 PM   #41
1972 Travelux Princess 25

Cobourg , Ontario
For the price of an Airstream you are entitled to a good product. Go over your purchase with a fine tooth comb and don't take delivery until they fix anything that is wrong.

Keep a list and bring it back if any other faults show up later.

This is the only way the dealers and factory will take quality control seriously. If the customers let things slide the dealer will think they don't care. If the dealers don't complain the facory will think nothing is wrong.

The faults people mention, in most cases could be easily eliminated by the factory at very little cost, if the customers demanded they do so.

In the long run the worst thing that could happen is for everyone to suffer in silence.... and never buy another Airstream again.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:56 PM   #42
I tow where I'm told.

2004 28' International CCD
1948 22' Liner
1963 22' Safari
Oakland , Florida
Enjoy that new aluminum Shane. Don't get pulled into the Forum vortex of unhappyness. Just remember if you are happy with your new AS that is all that matters. My suggestion is to stay on top of the issues found (if any) while it is under warranty, do the required maintenance and log onto the Airforums for its great wealth of information on Airstream ownership.

Safe Travels!!!
Tim
MrRivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:31 PM   #43
A.K.A "THE STREAM"

2010 25' FB International
Arlington , Texas
Update,....I'm Very and still Happy with the Craftsman ship and finish on my Airstream. Couldn't have made a better decision to buy NEW!!!!! I highly reccomend it.

Shane

Tow Vehicle" 2023 F250 Azure Gray!"

TAC ID TX-1432
THEPILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:49 PM   #44
2 Rivet Member

2011 23' International
Tafton , Pennsylvania
We've owned 2 new Airstreams and loved them both. Sure, there have been a couple of minor issues, but our dealer - Colonial Airstream - has enthusiastically taken care of any and all issues. I may find a vintage AS in the future, but I love the new Serenity with the LED lights for boon docking and recycled interior materials to keep my daughter convinced that I am more than a "large carbon footprint". :-D

To each their own. Just enjoy the opportunity to have experienced one. IMHO, as they say.
Go safely,
Peter
nomad3622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:56 PM   #45
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
The last time I went to buy a new vehicle. He asked "what amenities" I wanted. The word use to be "Options". When I told him all I want is "a heater and a key" He gave me this blank look and said "We don't have anything Like that". He didn't understand. It was 9 years ago.
3 years ago, a life long friend was selling his 1998 3/4 ton Dodge pickup. I wasn't really in the market for a truck. It had 76K miles on it; no carpet, just rubber floor mats, a 5 speed manual transmission and wind up windows. I bought it. It does have a heater, key and radio. OH! and air conditioning if you want to call it that. It's the first vehicle I've ever had air in.
What was wrong with water heaters and furnaces or refers that didn't have any electronic cicuit boards to go bad? Maybe a thermocouple or heating element every 10 or 15 years. All this fancy stuff in todays units is short lived and expensive to repair, if it can be repaired. In most cases it's replace not repair.
Why do we need hot water mixing valves in a travel trailer.
Of course I am from the last century.
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote