Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-09-2022, 05:12 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2022 27' Globetrotter
DALLAS , TX
Found a brand new, excellent RV storage facility in DFW, Tx area (Lewisville)

Hi Folks,

As tough as it is to find any RV storage in the DFW area (especially covered storage), I thought I would share the news regarding a brand new and very nice RV storage facility in Lewisville, Tx. It just opened up their first phase in Jan 2022 and are working on completing the electrical service for their last phase. The last phase should open up in late May, 2022.

It has "covered parking only" and all paving is concrete (no dirt or gravel)!!! Yay!!

This facility has 24 hour access, it's secure and safe and it's in a low crime area. They even provide a conference room if you want to hold a meeting with other RV'ers

Restrooms are available to renters, along with a dump/waste tank rinse station, air station to refill your tires, and quality/clean fresh water for refilling your fresh water tank. By summer 2022, they will have propane refill service and an RV wash station.

The manager is Mindy Ray (feel free to tell her Steven Bartling referred you even though I don't get anything for the referral :-).

Contact information for the RV storage facility:

Lewisville Executive RV and Boat Storage
Mindy Ray (manager)
801 S. Railroad St.
Lewisville, Tx 75057
682-802-9445
www.lervb.com
email: manager@lervb.com

I just reserved a 12x32ft spot for my Globetrotter 27 FB Twin so maybe I'll see you at the storage spot sometime!
foobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 06:09 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Evergreen , Colorado
It sounds great. My two biggest issues with my covered RV storage are the dirt/gravel parking spaces and the lack of restrooms. Everything else is great.

Past:
Airstream International Serenity 23FB
Newmar Ventana 3715
Dennis C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 08:15 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2022 27' Globetrotter
DALLAS , TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis C View Post
It sounds great. My two biggest issues with my covered RV storage are the dirt/gravel parking spaces and the lack of restrooms. Everything else is great.
I have driven several hundred miles around DFW checking out a whole bunch of RV storage sites. Very limited number have covered parking and most storage sites are pretty basic. Minimal electricity, no water, no restrooms. I.e. running A/C, even temporarily, is forbidden as it will pop the circuit breakers.

Quite a few don’t even have dump stations as they are in rural areas and don’t want chemicals in their septic system. Nearly all of them have dusty gravel for paving.

The better, closer storage sites are fully booked. I’m on several waiting lists for which the waiting period is expected to be many years (or never happen).

One site manager actual told me that fully enclosed sites become available only when the renter dies and the surviving spouse and children don’t take over the rental agreement. Amazing, huh… I think I need to start an RV storage business, LOL…
Old 05-09-2022, 09:14 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Evergreen , Colorado
I’ve thought seriously about opening an RV storage lot. There’s huge demand.

Past:
Airstream International Serenity 23FB
Newmar Ventana 3715
Dennis C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 03:14 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2019 19' Flying Cloud
Dallas , Texas
Hi Foobar
This is great information. I checked it out on Google maps and it’s about 20 minutes away. I’m currently in an uncovered space and have been looking around too. We have a 2019, 19 ft flying cloud. I’m going out there tomorrow to check it out. Thanks again.
Mark
Lets go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 08:12 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2022 27' Globetrotter
DALLAS , TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets go View Post
Hi Foobar
This is great information. I checked it out on Google maps and it’s about 20 minutes away. I’m currently in an uncovered space and have been looking around too. We have a 2019, 19 ft flying cloud. I’m going out there tomorrow to check it out. Thanks again.
Mark
Happy to be of service Mark.

I’m confident that you will like it. It’s so new, it squeaks when you look at it, LOL The manager’s name is Mindy and she is great to work with. Say hello from us (Steven and Yvonne)

I would be thrilled to see the storage site fill up with fellow airstreamers.

Our 27 FB Twin Globetrotter will exit the factory at the end of June based on the latest estimate. So if all goes well, we will be taking delivery sometime in mid-July and you might see us show up at the storage site in late July.
Old 05-10-2022, 08:14 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2022 27' Globetrotter
DALLAS , TX
Mark, what part of the Dallas area do you call home? We are in the SE corner area of George Bush Expressway and Dallas North Tollway.
Old 05-10-2022, 09:49 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2019 19' Flying Cloud
Dallas , Texas
Steven,
Globetrotter is a great rig. What is your tow vehicle?We are a little south of LBJ and Midway Rd. Hope our paths cross out there. Celina also has a pretty nice storage setup but has gravel/rocks I believe.
I’ll let Mindy know you recommended her storage facility.
Thanks again,
Mark
Old 05-11-2022, 08:52 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2022 27' Globetrotter
DALLAS , TX
Quote:
Steven,
Globetrotter is a great rig. What is your tow vehicle?We are a little south of LBJ and Midway Rd. Hope our paths cross out there. Celina also has a pretty nice storage setup but has gravel/rocks I believe.
Thanks again,
Mark
Hi Mark, our tow vehicle is a 2016 Porsche Cayenne S

Let's hope I don't start the "you gotta have a massive pickup truck for a tow vehicle wars" by mentioning that

The Cayenne is more capable than many if not most 1/2 ton pickup trucks in terms of a tow vehicle. 450HP, 415 lb-ft of torque, available starting at 1350 RPM. It has an extremely stiff chassis and truly massive brakes. It also weighs nearly 5000lbs.

I think this will work out well for us. However, if we feel unsafe, or if we need more cargo capacity (in terms of tow vehicle GVWR and rear axle GAWR), then we will get a larger pickup truck. I just don't want to do it now while tow vehicle prices are nuts (and our trips the first camping season will likely be fairly local and I can keep our speed down if we have any concerns).
Old 05-12-2022, 08:59 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2022 27' Globetrotter
DALLAS , TX
Quote:
Steven,
Thanks again,
Mark
We have been to the Celina RV storage facility. Nice place. Well run, friendly and helpful staff. But, it’s a long way to Celina :-) Also, they have a gravel/caliche based pavement and everything there was coated in multiple layers of caliche dust. We decided to keep looking.

What did you think of the Lewisville Executive RV and Boat storage? Did you manage to visit them yet?
Old 05-15-2022, 02:30 PM   #11
2 Rivet Member

2019 19' Flying Cloud
Dallas , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by foobar View Post
We have been to the Celina RV storage facility. Nice place. Well run, friendly and helpful staff. But, it’s a long way to Celina :-) Also, they have a gravel/caliche based pavement and everything there was coated in multiple layers of caliche dust. We decided to keep looking.

What did you think of the Lewisville Executive RV and Boat storage? Did you manage to visit them yet?
I didn't make it up there yet but -planning to go by this week.
Old 05-23-2022, 07:09 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2022 27' Globetrotter
DALLAS , TX
Looks like folks might actually read this forum. We needed to talk with the manager again at the storage facility and she mentioned that half a dozen Airstream owners had dropped by to check out the storage lot.

I hope everyone was as impressed as I was. Looking forward to seeing some Airstream trailers in addition to my own!
Old 05-24-2022, 09:28 AM   #13
2 Rivet Member

2019 19' Flying Cloud
Dallas , Texas
Yeah, got up there and talked to Mindy and I reserved a spot. Very nice facility. Thanks again for the recommendation.
Old 05-24-2022, 03:32 PM   #14
Rivet Master

2022 27' Globetrotter
DALLAS , TX
Quote:
Yeah, got up there and talked to Mindy and I reserved a spot. Very nice facility. Thanks again for the recommendation.
Glad to hear it Lets go!

We'll have our trailer in the storage facility in a couple of months when Airstream finishes building our trailer Best estimate is the trailer leaves the factory at the end of June and the dealer should have it ready a couple of weeks later down in Buda, Tx. But, we expect these dates to slip a little.

We will be upgrading the axles to carry more weight as our first project right after we take possession, so that might add additional delay before we put the trailer in the storage lot for the first time.