Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-23-2022, 07:11 AM   #41
1 Rivet Member

McMurray , PA
Discounts off MSRP

Decided to go in a different direction. Was looking at the new AS with back hatch as I really wanted the open air outdoor aspect. Short story, in the end went with a toy hauler (Grand Design M Class) as I plan to use the the trailer and back porch for the open air eating and relaxing. Think discounts are clearly back in. Got 25% of MSPR. Probably could have asked for more but comparison shopping indicated it was a very strong deal and the dealership was good to deal with. Good news is decision done and it's in my possession. As many have told me on this site when you get close take the deal and go camping. I'm going camping!!! Happy Camping Thanksgiving to all
Jhawk86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 08:35 AM   #42

San Ramon , California
Discounts off MSRP in early 2023

I’ve been looking at lightly used trailers (~2 years old) listed at around 15-18% off MSRP. The sellers are all telling me that they paid nearly full MSRP and are pricing accordingly. I thought I’d check out a few local dealers to see what the market is looking like for new trailers these days. On the phone, I’m able to get about 10% off. When I walk in, without much negotiation, I’m able to get about 12-13% off, especially if it’s a trailer that was built mid-last year before the price on increase, but still a brand new 2023. I’m also getting about 15% off a brand new 2022 when I can find them. Almost every dealer I’ve talked to in the western US is willing to sell me a brand new trailer with a 3 year warranty for just about the same price as the used market for a 2020 or 2021 trailer listed here or on Airstream Marketplace.

Has anyone purchased a new trailer in early 2023? If so, what types of deals are you getting off MSRP (before taxes and fees)? I’m trying to understand how much more negotiating room there is. Two dealers have let me walk for ~22% off. Is 15-18% about what you’re getting out there today? If so, I may wait another quarter for the mass tech layoffs to really settle in. The folks who were impacted in January are still mostly on a 60-day WARN Act period. I have a sneaky suspicion that the market will be flooded with even more used trailers by mid-year and the further slow down in the appetite for new trailers will cause dealers to be even more willing to discount. Thoughts?
CalBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 03:09 PM   #43
2 Rivet Member

Woodinville , Washington
We lost our Airstream last summer when a tree fell on us, and are debating what to replace it with. Noticed same thing you did in that those with used Airstreams that paid full price have not yet got the memo that new ones can now be had at a discount. I feel we could get 20% of msrp now, but that is just a hunch. I also agree with you that prices will continue to be favorable all year, but I’m thinking the drop between now and say October will be in the one or two percent range so I don’t think we will wait until then unless we just can’t get a 20% deal now.

2024.5 Globetrotter 27 on order
2021 F150 Powerboost Limited
kmayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 09:58 PM   #44

2023 23' International
Lakewood , Ohio
Discounts off MSRP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalBoy View Post
I’ve been looking at lightly used trailers (~2 years old) listed at around 15-18% off MSRP. The sellers are all telling me that they paid nearly full MSRP and are pricing accordingly. I thought I’d check out a few local dealers to see what the market is looking like for new trailers these days. On the phone, I’m able to get about 10% off. When I walk in, without much negotiation, I’m able to get about 12-13% off, especially if it’s a trailer that was built mid-last year before the price on increase, but still a brand new 2023. I’m also getting about 15% off a brand new 2022 when I can find them. Almost every dealer I’ve talked to in the western US is willing to sell me a brand new trailer with a 3 year warranty for just about the same price as the used market for a 2020 or 2021 trailer listed here or on Airstream Marketplace.

Has anyone purchased a new trailer in early 2023? If so, what types of deals are you getting off MSRP (before taxes and fees)? I’m trying to understand how much more negotiating room there is. Two dealers have let me walk for ~22% off. Is 15-18% about what you’re getting out there today? If so, I may wait another quarter for the mass tech layoffs to really settle in. The folks who were impacted in January are still mostly on a 60-day WARN Act period. I have a sneaky suspicion that the market will be flooded with even more used trailers by mid-year and the further slow down in the appetite for new trailers will cause dealers to be even more willing to discount. Thoughts?

I just got a 2023 International 23FBT with full solar/AGM and convection/microwave options and starter kit (including the Blue Ox hitch) for 15% off MSRP. It had just arrived on the lot and had not even been listed in their website. I was actually going in to purchase a 2023 FC 23FBT but it had just been sold. The 2022 and 23s have the better battery charge controllers in them and the smart plug.
kunzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 03:05 PM   #45
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
You got to do some work, man...if you want to get a good discount on a "new" AS. Work= make some calls to sales managers in locations outside your area. I live in TX and bought my last 2 new AS's in CA. One in Sacramento area, and one in Portland. Got very good discounts on both. If you do the legwork, locate one on a lot somewhere to help the sales manager, your likely to get some attention, but be prepared to put some cash down on the phone to get the deal done. Problem with some folks today is, they only want to purchase local...dealer here in Austin will not go higher than 10-12%; I never wasted any more time with them. Their loss of my business...but I see folks paying list price on a "new" AS all the time, only to find out they really don't like camping and end up selling within a year! Go figure! My advise is if this is your first, buy used...you won't loose any money typically if you decide you are not happy or want something bigger, or worse yet, wife wants a 30 Classic!
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 05:48 PM   #46
2 Rivet Member

2023 30' Flying Cloud
Garden City , Alabama
I bought my new 2023 30fb bunk a month ago for 109K. List was 132K. Has all the options and dealer included agm batteries and WD hitch.
jake74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 10:53 AM   #47
Rivet Master

2023 25' Globetrotter
2021 16' Bambi
Forest Lake , Minnesota
We bought our 2023 Globetrotter 25RBT for $112k ($132k list) from Woodland in Grand Rapids, MI. I contacted a number AS dealers regionally and as far away as Dallas and the lowest quote I got was $119k. They were all discounting some but since none were in the ballpark of Woodland, I didn't try to negotiate.
JeffKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 01:33 PM   #48
2 Rivet Member

2023 33' Classic
Naples , Florida
Just purchased (ordered) a brand new 2024 Classic 33FB this morning and we couldn’t be more excited to join the Airstream family! I’ve owned fifth wheels, class a’s, and recently sold a Super C that we’ve had for the past year. We are SO ready to experience the Airstream way of life.

As far as what that has to do with this thread…

MSRP was $215,395 and we finally came to agree on $177,000. We felt comfortable with an 18% discount off of MSRP. They’re telling us to expect it to be delivered by the end of October. Yes…. We got this price locked in which is important seeing that Airstream normally raises their prices 3% per quarter on average.

I’m sure someone else bought one today for $176,000 but that’s my life. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Stream_Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 01:49 PM   #49
JDG
Riveted

2018 33' Classic
Charleston , West Virginia
Stream_Dream
Congrats! I think you got a good deal with all the crazy stuff that has been going on in the past few years. I think you will really love the 33.
JDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 02:09 PM   #50
2 Rivet Member

2023 33' Classic
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDG View Post
Stream_Dream
Congrats! I think you got a good deal with all the crazy stuff that has been going on in the past few years. I think you will really love the 33.

No doubt!

Thanks a lot. Like I said, we are super excited to take delivery of it. Is it October yet???

I’ve purchased three new RVs over the past 30 months. Yeah, I know…. I have commitment issues. I bought them all from Lazy Days and I have to say, I was pretty pleased with the way all three deals went. Looking back at all three previous deals, the average “savings” off of MSRP was about 20%. I’ve talked to quite a few people that say they’ve always gotten 25% or more but I didn’t see that happening. When I bought the Super C last year, I was lucky to get 15% off but that’s only because I was a repeat customer. The very next rig sold at MSRP.
Stream_Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 02:57 PM   #51
3 Rivet Member

2019 16' Sport
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Vista , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crandell5 View Post
My wife and I are brand new into researching airstreams. We’ve done a lot of Internet research and recently visited our local dealer and were able to walk through quite a few different models and sizes.

I have not talked to pricing I’m probably not ready to pull the trigger yet... still trying to figure out exactly what size I would want I am torn between a 22 inch Caravel or bumping up to a 23 foot flying cloud.

I’m curious are people right now paying full MSRP or are there substantial discounts been given by some dealers? I am in no rush I could buy something now or in six months...

Before I even sit down to ever talk numbers I want to find out what people are really paying and what kind of discounts are actually out there!!

thanks in advance
If you haven't already, contact Danny Watson at Airstream of Orange County. Just bought an Airstream Interstate 24GT there and the discount was about 5%. Great place to do business; and they have a huge inventory.
Airlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 08:30 PM   #52
2 Rivet Member

2024 25' International
Bellevue , Washington
Hey everyone, just another data point... I custom-ordered a 2024 International 25FBT with hatch and all the other options, except bunk, from my local dealer in Seattle, which part of a very large west coast Airstream dealer network. Got about 8% discount off the 2023 price (which I hope work in my favor if the 2024 price goes up, I guess we'll see).

If my dealer is anything to go by, there is a significant amount of inventory sitting on lots, and I suspect you could do notably better than 8% for a unit that's sitting in the lot ready to go. My 2c, I'd aim for at least 15%.
NWBoondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 10:18 AM   #53
2 Rivet Member

2023 30' Flying Cloud
Garden City , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWBoondocker View Post
Hey everyone, just another data point... I custom-ordered a 2024 International 25FBT with hatch and all the other options, except bunk, from my local dealer in Seattle, which part of a very large west coast Airstream dealer network. Got about 8% discount off the 2023 price (which I hope work in my favor if the 2024 price goes up, I guess we'll see).

If my dealer is anything to go by, there is a significant amount of inventory sitting on lots, and I suspect you could do notably better than 8% for a unit that's sitting in the lot ready to go. My 2c, I'd aim for at least 15%.
They are piling up at my local dealerships here in Alabama. I bet there are 30 units between the 2 dealerships here. I was gonna order my 30bunk from my local dealer but found one at another out of state dealership in stock so went that route. I was offered 18% off if I ordered. I ended up getting the same 18% off on my in stock 2023 30bunk.
Old 08-06-2023, 08:37 AM   #54
2 Rivet Member

2022 27' Globetrotter
​2020 Atlas​
Phoenix , Arizona
Discounts of MSRP

I previously dealt with Colonial Airstream in NJ and bought Airstreams at discount off the MSRP.
In late 2022 I ordered a 2023 Globetrotter 27FB and the lowest price offered to me was MSRP $136,200 - bought from WeareAirstream Chandler AZ.
Now I am trading that unit in for a paltry $92,000 and buying a new Airstream but I was told by WeareAirstream that Airstream Headquarters do not want dealers to give discounts and Airstream prefers the dealers sell at MSRP.

WeareAirstream told me that any dealers selling at discount will be penalized and will get less inventory.

WeareAirstream tells me that Colonial Airstream and Airstream of DFW are in trouble with Airstream Headquarters.

Is all of this true??
Robkhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 09:06 AM   #55
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Celina , Texas
Sounds like the dealership is reeling you in with fake news about other dealerships.
Journeying America via the "Blue Highways"
-Be Curious, Not Judgemental…Walt Whitman-
Genebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 09:45 AM   #56
Trailer Sold, Waving

2019 26' Flying Cloud
Stettler , Alberta
I've been to WeAreAirstream. I never will again.
WBCCI #6679
Acheron2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 08:14 AM   #57
2 Rivet Member

2023 30' Flying Cloud
Garden City , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robkhoo View Post
I previously dealt with Colonial Airstream in NJ and bought Airstreams at discount off the MSRP.
In late 2022 I ordered a 2023 Globetrotter 27FB and the lowest price offered to me was MSRP $136,200 - bought from WeareAirstream Chandler AZ.
Now I am trading that unit in for a paltry $92,000 and buying a new Airstream but I was told by WeareAirstream that Airstream Headquarters do not want dealers to give discounts and Airstream prefers the dealers sell at MSRP.

WeareAirstream told me that any dealers selling at discount will be penalized and will get less inventory.

WeareAirstream tells me that Colonial Airstream and Airstream of DFW are in trouble with Airstream Headquarters.

Is all of this true??
All airstream cares about is dealerships moving there product. When dealer pays airstream for the unit it’s there’s to sell for what ever they want to. The S in MSRP is suggested.
Old 08-07-2023, 08:34 AM   #58
2 Rivet Member

2022 27' Globetrotter
​2020 Atlas​
Phoenix , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake74 View Post
All airstream cares about is dealerships moving there product. When dealer pays airstream for the unit it’s there’s to sell for what ever they want to. The S in MSRP is suggested.
Agree…..it is surprising that WeareAirstream Chandler is so aggressive, suggesting that Airstream headquarters will retaliate against dealers selling at discount and sanction them somehow.
In this climate of high interest rates, drops in new RV sales, I find their claim incredulous.
Robkhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 08:19 AM   #59
1 Rivet Member

Bluffton , South Carolina
Quote:
Agree…..it is surprising that WeareAirstream Chandler is so aggressive, suggesting that Airstream headquarters will retaliate against dealers selling at discount and sanction them somehow.
In this climate of high interest rates, drops in new RV sales, I find their claim incredulous.
Completely agree. Working in the car business I can say that manufacturers of boats, RV's and cars are greedy. If they can build, ship and deliver more - they will. Period. And at the same time do everything they can to push the dealer to move the product at any cost to the dealer and in fact reward them for it with better allocation. Remember the manufacturer makes the same thing regardless of what the dealer sells it for.
brettwilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 05:57 PM   #60
Rivet Master

2022 25' International
Savage , Minnesota
Quote:

sad:

What a crock of bull. Colonial is one of AS
Top dealers. They get top sales awards on a regular basis, overall great customer reviews, and they are a 5 rivet dealer. And they discount. I would buy from them, and almost did.

I bought from Woodland Airstream who offered an identical pre-delivery, delivery, and post delivery support. Same as Colonial. Top sales, top service, 5 rivet.
In the middle of the pandemic when supplies were at their worst, both offered fair and decent discounts. We bought from Woodland because they were hundreds of miles closer. I would buy from either of these top notch dealers, and I know there are others like these two as well.

If you have to put down your competitors in order to look attractive to win the sale,
take your business elsewhere. This is a shady practice IMHO. We drove over 600 miles to pick up our ordered ‘22 International from a reputable dealer. No put downs or trash talk of other dealers was included in my conversations with either Woodland or Colonial.

'64 Safari Resoration Blog ("May"):
https://ts8501.blogspot.com/

TAC MN-6
WBCCI/VAC 11736
AIR 25979
ts8501 is offline   Reply With Quote