Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-03-2021, 09:49 AM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2022 27' Flying Cloud
2023 30' Flying Cloud
Apex , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadfar View Post
My deal is at Airstream of Tampa
eneidab@rvone.com

Eneida Baldera no nonsense person

Tim
Was that her out of the gate offer? She offered us just 10% off msrp on a new 2022 FC 30 bunk order. I found much better closer to home
Ericncsu1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 10:22 AM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2023 28' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
madison , Alabama
No

I believe her first offer was about 74500 I was getting quotes from 3 dealers n she then beat my lowest quote

So it was her second offer
Tadfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 12:08 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2015 20' Flying Cloud
Kingsport , Tennessee
When I was still shopping, I called, emailed, and texted w/ Eneida, she was very good to work with, it was just a very hot market and I wasn't moving fast enough at the time...

Her market in Tampa, ie, within reach of all of Florida and elsewhere, means their inventory is going to sell, period. She'll work with you on a price, but the short of it is, she doesn't 'have' to go too low because someone else will come along very soon and buy it at a higher price. If you beat 10% off MSRP - *in this market* - you did good.
WBCCI #1051
LNBright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 06:49 AM   #24
2 Rivet Member

2022 27' Flying Cloud
2023 30' Flying Cloud
Apex , North Carolina
Yep understood.
Old 05-05-2021, 06:57 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2009 34' Panamerica
2005 28' Classic
Still , in the thick of it
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnandDonna View Post
While we got about 18% of MSRP on the order of our 2020 International Serenity 30 RB twin last year. It seems that MSRP is the norm right now. We purchased from Airstream of Chicago and the best they seem to be offering is 1k off MSRP at the moment.
I recently spoke with folks from AoC a few months ago. I found them somewhat arrogant and you are right, not willing to budge on price, but after I thought about it, their allocation is prob massively low compared to say a Woodland or a Colonial, still, even if when the market cools off, given my exp with AoC, I would not do business with them even if they were the lowest.

Ewlald is another one in the midwest. They are also not a high volume dealer, but they were by far, a lot more professional about dealing in these times, even if the $ off MSRP was also low.
panamerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 03:45 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2022 25' International
Savage , Minnesota
Has anyone experienced better than 10-12% off of MSRP at anytime in 2021? I am curious as to which model, and at what % of discount.

'64 Safari Resoration Blog ("May"):
https://ts8501.blogspot.com/

TAC MN-6
WBCCI/VAC 11736
AIR 25979
ts8501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 03:58 PM   #27
4 Rivet Member

2021 33FB Classic
City , West Virginia
A forum member just told me about AS of Tampa gave them 14% off a new Flying Cloud 23 CB.

I got 21% off Classic 33 eleven months ago from there.
AnnaBelle33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 03:03 PM   #28

2020 16' Nest
Currently Looking...
Branford , Connecticut
I’m in same boat but think’n smaller B-camp/Bambi

Hey thanks for posting this. Yep my wife and I are having our New Haven shoreline home interior entirely renovated and god only knows when it will come together what with supply chain blah blahs….so we are looking for a place to stay right next to the contractor and likely until summer’22 and beyond. Thanks again for your insight and all your research but we are limited to 35-3600 pounds or less on our pull. ((Also, not quite ready to pull our trigger just yet))

Cheers all and anyone who’d like to comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crandell5 View Post
My wife and I are brand new into researching airstreams. We’ve done a lot of Internet research and recently visited our local dealer and were able to walk through quite a few different models and sizes.

I have not talked to pricing I’m probably not ready to pull the trigger yet... still trying to figure out exactly what size I would want I am torn between a 22 inch Caravel or bumping up to a 23 foot flying cloud.

I’m curious are people right now paying full MSRP or are there substantial discounts been given by some dealers? I am in no rush I could buy something now or in six months...

Before I even sit down to ever talk numbers I want to find out what people are really paying and what kind of discounts are actually out there!!

thanks in advance
Creeker6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 03:06 PM   #29
1 Rivet Member

McMurray , PA
MSRP vs Purchase Price

In the market for my first Airstream and getting close to pulling making a decision. However.....getting the deal done is another story. Looking for some help in the 2022 market (now dealers saying 2023) of MSRP vs Purchase Price. Starting engaging dealers today on 27 International

Two dynamics. They are telling me that listed MSRPs are increasing 10 to 20 percent as an order today will result in a 23 model. And then they are discounting off of the higher price but only by about 8 to 9 percent.

Looking for some help here from other new buyers and if you are hearing similar dynamics. My homework on line indicates I could expect a 15 to 25 percent off MSPR but the increasing price dynamic is creating hesitancy. Anyone who can help a future Airstream owner (I'm convinced this is the brand) with any insights would be appreciated. Thanks
Jhawk86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 03:20 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2023 28' International
Mercer County , New Jersey
Unfortunately it's still a sellers market for Airstreams.

All dealers are different (even different when dealing with out-of-state buyers) but some of what I've seen is see if you can find a dealer to offer a discount off of the current MSRP and lock in the price. The typical discount should start around 10%. Since this is locked in now, any price increases will effectively increase your discount to 15% to 20%, depending on future increases, off the MSRP when delivered.
jeffb831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 07:49 PM   #31
Rivet Master

1988 32' Excella
Robbinsville , New Jersey
I don't know if any dealer will lock in a price. 15-20% was 2 plus years ago and does not seem to apply now. The up to 25% was in the winter back then (maybe just end of year and/or previous year new trailer deals) with current supplies this probably also no longer applies.
Wazbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 10:02 PM   #32
2 Rivet Member

Lynnwood , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhawk86 View Post
In the market for my first Airstream and getting close to pulling making a decision. However.....getting the deal done is another story. Looking for some help in the 2022 market (now dealers saying 2023) of MSRP vs Purchase Price. Starting engaging dealers today on 27 International

Two dynamics. They are telling me that listed MSRPs are increasing 10 to 20 percent as an order today will result in a 23 model. And then they are discounting off of the higher price but only by about 8 to 9 percent.

Looking for some help here from other new buyers and if you are hearing similar dynamics. My homework on line indicates I could expect a 15 to 25 percent off MSPR but the increasing price dynamic is creating hesitancy. Anyone who can help a future Airstream owner (I'm convinced this is the brand) with any insights would be appreciated. Thanks
Hi there, thanks for posting this. I just started looking into purchasing an Airstream as well, and was just doing my research on the discount as well. Have you found anything else, since it's been a few month? Have you purchased yours already? Did you get any discounts? If so, how much and from which dealership? Thanks in advance!
scho7623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 01:41 PM   #33
3 Rivet Member

2023 25' Flying Cloud
Franklin , Tennessee
I’ve been quoted by two different AS dealers a price that is 10% off MSRP for February or March 2023 delivery. I was really hoping for more than that. I may wait or look more closely to the used market.
TNOutback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 02:33 PM   #34
Rivet Master

North AL , Alabama
I got 9% on an on the lot 2022 Globetrotter last month. I also had 16% on an ordered unit, but no guarantee on what would happen with pricing before delivery.
Tyler2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 02:58 PM   #35
Escape Pod II

2022 23' Flying Cloud
2018 22' Sport
Orange , Texas
OP, I know you asked about discounts but I can't help you there. I can recommend the 23'Flying Cloud though. Like you I looked at 16'-19' at first and ruled them out as being too small. I bought a 22'Sport and 4 yrs later traded it in on a 23' FC with nearly the same floorplan. I didn't like the single axle on the Sport.
Old 11-09-2022, 05:19 PM   #36
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Las Vegas , Nevada
was at airstream dealer earlier this week and he was quick to say 10% - 15% off lot models, which means i could probably get a bit more if i try as i was just shopping and not even negotiating. RV news out there says there is now a slowdown in sales at higher end and they said airstream. apparently where before most ordered airstreams in past, more are now buying off the lots. his lot was full and after going there three weeks apart, not much had changed in what was on lot…had a good graph showing that…and if we have a recession, the deals should get better for buying in the winter of 2023. Recession…high interest rates…full lots…winter….
ShiftNReset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 06:47 AM   #37
2 Rivet Member

2022 27' Flying Cloud
2023 30' Flying Cloud
Apex , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftNReset View Post
was at airstream dealer earlier this week and he was quick to say 10% - 15% off lot models, which means i could probably get a bit more if i try as i was just shopping and not even negotiating. RV news out there says there is now a slowdown in sales at higher end and they said airstream. apparently where before most ordered airstreams in past, more are now buying off the lots. his lot was full and after going there three weeks apart, not much had changed in what was on lot…had a good graph showing that…and if we have a recession, the deals should get better for buying in the winter of 2023. Recession…high interest rates…full lots…winter….
What part of the country was this in or what dealer if you can say?
Old 11-11-2022, 09:28 AM   #38
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Las Vegas , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericncsu1204 View Post
What part of the country was this in or what dealer if you can say?
Southern Nevada.
ShiftNReset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 11:31 AM   #39
3 Rivet Member

Northern , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftNReset View Post
…and if we have a recession, the deals should get better for buying in the winter of 2023. Recession…high interest rates…full lots…winter….
Yes that's been my expectation which is why I've held off buying. The NBER indexes used for calling a recession (which occurs generally a year after the fact due to revisioning) are mostly negative, the indicators are that the actual recession will probably commence around the turn of the new year.

But the damage is already done, the Fed lost control of inflation, and now will continue to ratchet up until it not only triggers a recession but also sees 'meaningful quarter after quarter improvement)' (Powells words more or less). Not to mention forward demand destruction from pandemic buying combined with OEM's jacking prices, etc etc.

I don't expect purchasing demand to pick up much Spring-Summer either, it will probably get worse as the recession unfolds, and as you say into Winter 2023 it will probably be really bleak on the dealer side.

I've wondered about pandemic buying, what is the amount of those coming back on the market as used? I'm not following it but have seen a number of 'used a couple times - black tank never used' 2021 models being offered.
DrivingDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 12:50 PM   #40
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Saw the new list price for the 30 Classic- $188K! Wife reminded me our 17' 28'FC is working just fine...and also she reminded me we had a deal offered for a 2020 30' Classic from AS Adventures in CA for $115K, which "I" passed on, she says...and she is right. That would have been a great deal! Be interesting to see what shakes out this spring.
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote