Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-30-2021, 12:15 PM   #41
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Cambridge , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron979 View Post
We ordered our 2022 28’ International RBT from RV One in February of this year. It was supposed to be delivered to their Buffalo dealership in October but due to all the delays it is now supposed to be delivered in April. We did look at CanAm in London, ON but their pricing was significantly higher than what we paid.

We are located in just outside of Windsor, ON and it’s about 4 hour drive to Buffalo, which was not a big deal for us. I have imported boats and jet skis from the U.S. to Canada and for the most part it is an easy process, unless you get a Canadian customs agent who doesn’t know the rules and tries to flex their muscles. Long story cut short, we ended up bringing the boat into Canada even though the customs agent said “you’re not importing that boat into Canada”.
Hey Ron979, I'm curious to learn more about your order, purchase and import experience with your 2022 model. Feel free to pm me.
We've never imported anything. We live in Cambridge so we're almost equal distance from either Can AM or Buffalo. We had figured that the exchange rate would negate any savings from buying an AS in the US. Talk soon I hope. Thanks!
Mattedfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 05:44 AM   #42
2 Rivet Member

2022 28' International
Amherstburg , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattedfred View Post
Hey Ron979, I'm curious to learn more about your order, purchase and import experience with your 2022 model. Feel free to pm me.
We've never imported anything. We live in Cambridge so we're almost equal distance from either Can AM or Buffalo. We had figured that the exchange rate would negate any savings from buying an AS in the US. Talk soon I hope. Thanks!
PM sent.
Ron979 is offline   Reply With Quote