Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2016, 12:10 PM   #1

pfafftown , North Carolina
europe greece

who can help me on info of airstreams for Greece ?!European club ?!
tools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 12:41 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2010 28' International
Annapolis , Maryland
What are you trying to do? What size Airstream are you trying to do it with?
wander-west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 08:58 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
Will be in Greece next month so I will have a better feel for their roads but over the years I have travelled both Germany and Italy and I have never seen a very large trailer. Most of what I have seen were under 20 feet. The Highways are modern but remember many of the other roads go through many small towns with many narrow street. Also some of the roads in Italy make the Skyline drive look like a super highway
urnmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 12:32 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1991 25' Airstream 250
Oxford , Oxfordshire
It really depends what you are talking about. Greece is such a varied country, you can't really generalise, but given their dire financial position and the fact that they are one of the poorest countries in the EU. I can't imagine maintaining the roads is their top priority.

Many people drive large US RVs and tow large caravans in Europe. You just need to be careful and use a TOMTOM made for trucks to avoid narrower roads. We've driven our 250 (25ft) Motorhome round Europe for 10 years and it is the same size as most of the modern white box versions.

35ft Motorhomes are less common but of course we have buses and coaches in Europe!! They are over 40 feet.
Boom Sounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 05:45 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I was in Greece 1 1/2 years ago, and don't recall seeing RV's at all, certainly nothing very large.

Outlying roads are relatively narrow, the ones I was on, so I'm not sure navigating anything larger than a Class B would be feasible.

I would get online to Greece tourism and see what they say, and if they have any kind of campgrounds.

There is still a serious humanitarian crisis going on over there, with tens of thousands of refugees, so that is also something to consider....I would think their resources are pretty well focused and allocated

That said, it is a beautiful country, the people are very friendly and welcoming.

Maggie