Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Global 'streaming > Networking
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-15-2008, 12:14 PM   #21
1 Rivet Member

1959 24' Tradewind
Ludlow , Shropshire
Rivet

Hey Yomster, great to hear from you. We were giving up all hope of ever finding any UK airstreamers! I see there has been replies from East Sussex too. We have had our TW for 2 years now and havent seen or heard of any other airstreams. Every campsite that we stay at we ask if they have had any others staying and the answer is always no. I tried the UK forum that silver connnie runs but we had no luck there either. We are going to the Americana show this July and will try to find some fellow airstreamers there. Will let you know if we find any!!!!Great hearing from you. TWKID
tradewindkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 06:17 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2008 684 International
Sherborne , Dorset
Hello from out there on the road!

I can't believe I haven't spend more time on this forum. We're full-timing in England in our International 684, and I've just spent the whole day trying to figure out how we can find more 'Streamers in the UK only to find that they're all here! D'oh!

We're in the South East at the moment, thinking of heading up to East Anglia for the Spring. We had planned to cross over the channel and point ourselves South to Spain (or further) for the winter, but the Pound took a nose-dive so we're still here.

Having done the members search, there are 92 members listed in the UK and (curiously) 223 in England, so there must be somebody out there who wants to meet up.

Incidentally, we have actually met up with our first on-the-road Airstreamer since the Airstream Europe sponsored shin-dig in August. We're with ajdesq (who posted above) in Sussex. There's a couple of pics on our blog (Tracey & Pete on the road).

I'm definitely going to be here more often...
Bully Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:10 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
Folsom , California
Hi,
Just saw your thread for the first time. These folks have a beautiful 1960 Tradewind over there somewhere:
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f368...tim-21272.html

(any chance you'll show us some pictures?)

Aluminumbskull with Led Balloon in Drag
Birch Plywood and Aluminum go together like
Peanut Butter and Chocolate
MarkR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 02:32 PM   #24
1 Rivet Member

1959 24' Tradewind
Ludlow , Shropshire
Hey BULLY BOY. Great to hear from you. We are up in Shropshire so if you ever get up this way drop us a mail. We havent seen any other airstreamers out on the road. We would love to get to know a few of you if you are there??? We are hoping to get to AMERICANA SHOW in July so why dont a few of you head there, maybe you already do! Have fun in your travels and maybe meet you soon, TRADEWINDKID
tradewindkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:19 AM   #25
2 Rivet Member

1956 16' Bubble
1957 22' Caravanner
islworth , middlesex
Hello to all of you on this thread, I have 1956 Bubble under restoration in Norfolk and a 1957 Caravanner in storage awaiting restoration, only seen a brand new airstream on the road, looked like it was being delivered, the only others I have seen are catering trailers. Be great to get a few of the UK Airstreamers together, I will be at Glastonbury in June and will (work permiting) try to go to the Americana show. Keep me posted all UK meets. Dan
Dan G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 03:12 AM   #26
2 Rivet Member

2008 684 International
Sherborne , Dorset
Dan G, we're planning to be in Norfolk in a couple of weeks. But I see you're in Middlesex. How does that work?
Old 01-25-2009, 08:29 AM   #27
3 Rivet Member

1966 17' Caravel
Dallas , Texas
Tradewindkid - if you haven't already done so - check out the current thread regarding "Wally's 1955 Bubble For Sale?" ... the new owners will be bringing this historic Bubble to the UK ... the thread is a good read
pcasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:39 AM   #28
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
What an interesting read; however, why are people with Airstreams in England "hiding out"?
Old 01-26-2009, 10:31 AM   #29
2 Rivet Member

2008 684 International
Sherborne , Dorset
I wish I knew! I'd be delighted if we could get a few UK Airstreamers together this year (though I don't think that Wally's Bubble will be ready).

I'd be very happy to put in some leg-work organising something, but I don't want to tread on anyone's toes, nor duplicate work that somebody else is doing already. Is there a UK owners club out there?
Old 01-26-2009, 11:21 AM   #30
2 Rivet Member

2008 532 International
Rye, East Sussex , UK
Here here! This is a great idea

I'm not aware of any kind of owners club myself, and imagine that if we want an all-encompassing kind of banding (i.e. classics and newies) then this is the best way to get something off the ground.

I know a lot of 'Owners Clubs' in the UK can be regimented and political, and I'm sure this is why the team behind Airstream Europe didn't start one... it's just not the ethos. I think just informally saying 'where and when' on here is a great start, it's just getting the right people to log in and see!

For the record, I'm aiming to be at Kingsbury Water Park CCC from Sun 15th or Mon 16th Feb for a couple of days as the Boat & Caravan Show will take place at the NEC that week, and Airstream Europe will be exhibiting the new EU Bambi 422 at the show (the name we're giving to the US Sport 2-berth). Maybe see a few of you there?

Andrew

They all laugh because we're different.

We all laugh because they are all the same.
ajdesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:13 PM   #31
2 Rivet Member

1956 16' Bubble
1957 22' Caravanner
islworth , middlesex
Hey bully boy, I live in Middlesex and the bubble lives in Norfolk along with some other treasures and my parents. On the same country lane my friend has an 1982 Excella! No space here for projects so I have to just work on them up in Norfolk when I can.

When you in Norfolk? Need me to recommend some good eating and drinking establishments?

Oh and as for other peoples comments about us all hiding out I don't think many people know about this forum and some people just are not into forums, I am certainly not but so far pleasantly surprised by this one.

As I said before keep me up to speed with any events and meets.

Dan G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bully Boy View Post
Dan G, we're planning to be in Norfolk in a couple of weeks. But I see you're in Middlesex. How does that work?
Dan G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:56 PM   #32
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' Classic
kendal , cumbria, UK
Hi UK Airstreamers,

We'll go to any gathering wherever it is. Just let us know when & where.

John & Carole
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	029.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	356.0 KB
ID:	74616  
WK57ABF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 05:42 AM   #33
2 Rivet Member

2008 684 International
Sherborne , Dorset
How about this then...

I'll post this here instead of in the rally section for two reasons. Firstly, I don't think it really counts as a rally if its not organised as such, and secondly, I thought it would just disappear up there and no UK 'Streamers would see it.

I quite fancy getting together with some Airstreamers before Easter arrives and the campsite prices go up. It's going to be impossible to please all the people all of the time, so can I just have a show of hands on who's interested?

We're going to be in Wiltshire around the weekend of the 28th/29th of March. I've contacted the Postern Hill campsite, and they have plenty of space. We can do it two ways. Either it gets booked through me, and if there are enough of us, we get a discount. For this to work, I need to know numbers very soon. Otherwise, you just make your own booking and let them know you're with me, so they can put us together.

Personally, I prefer the second option.

So, who's up for a meet? Let me know asap. And rather than highjacking this thread, please PM me.

Cheers,

Pete

***Moderator note: I have edited this post to reflect the changes requested in the next two posts***
Old 01-28-2009, 08:09 AM   #34
2 Rivet Member

2008 684 International
Sherborne , Dorset
EDIT

I'd edit the previous entry if I could.

What I meant to say is that I would prefer the SECOND method (ie, you book your own places). Please DON"T book yet - just let me know who's interested. Once I have a rough idea of numbers, I can let the site know and they will assign an area accordingly.

The problem with the first method is that I would have to fork out the deposit, and that's £30 per unit!

Thanks,

Pete
Old 01-28-2009, 09:02 AM   #35
2 Rivet Member

2008 684 International
Sherborne , Dorset
EDIT

And another thing - I got the wrong dates (maybe I should give this up now before it even starts!).

I MEANT to say the weekend of 28th/29th March.

This is not being a good day...
Old 01-29-2009, 04:42 PM   #36
1 Rivet Member

1966 26' Overlander
Melksham , Wiltshire
Hi Everyone... This is David & Julia we have a 1966 Overlander, we live in Wiltshire and store and normally stay in our AS down in Dorset...
JuliaPowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:48 PM   #37

1963 24' Tradewind
redlodge , suffolk
There is more of us in uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradewindkid View Post
Hey BULLY BOY. Great to hear from you. We are up in Shropshire so if you ever get up this way drop us a mail. We havent seen any other airstreamers out on the road. We would love to get to know a few of you if you are there??? We are hoping to get to AMERICANA SHOW in July so why dont a few of you head there, maybe you already do! Have fun in your travels and maybe meet you soon, TRADEWINDKID
Hi tradewindkid . Thought you,d like to know there is more of us out there!Me and my wife brought 63 tradewind at xmas.Needs a bit of work done on it before were ready to use it so you know what im doing in evenings for a while!Really looking forward to using it. My 2 sons love it and are already asking who can have bunkbed when ive built it!Anyway good to know were not alone .Where is the AMERICANA SHOW you spoke about? If your ever in newmarket area in suffolk call in and ill get the kettle on Cheers GARY N
gary n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 02:37 PM   #38

1963 24' Tradewind
redlodge , suffolk
There is more of us in uk

Hi TRADEWINDKID Just thought id let you know there is more of us out there! Me and my wife just brought a 63 tradewind at xmas which needs a bit of work on it before we can use it. so you know what im doing with my spare evenings!My 2 young boys love it and are already asking who is going to have the bunk bed im building ! If your ever in my neck of the woods call in and ill get the kettle on . Where is the AMERICANA SHOW you mentioned?
cheers GARY N ps hope you see this i,m useless with these things!
gary n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 02:37 AM   #39
4 Rivet Member

1983 31' Airstream310
Iwerne Minster , Dorset. UK
Hello!
Well I don’t know about the up North but here in the South we have a little 'cluck' of Motor Homes ( I wonder if this could be a collective term??) - Not sure about trailers though, only know of some on the Ilse-of-Wight as permanent holiday homes for rent.

I have a workshop down here in Dorset, with two classics in there, one is mine, another in for repair and preparation for a chap living in Spain, due to collect it soon. Great having two beasts side-by-side.

There are others in Salisbury, Crewkerne, Oxford and I think in Berks but not sure about that one.... There were some in Plymouth but not heard from them for a bit.

If you don’t mind the odd "smelly" job (they with engines 'n' things) it would be nice to meet up some where. We do have an interest here on the farm in a caravan site, some pitches are a bit tight but we have had 28ft GMC's there, and of course the odd AS motor home.

All the best with 'streaming in the UK.

Don't take life so seriously.... it is not permanent!
Chuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 03:00 PM   #40
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' Classic
kendal , cumbria, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary n View Post
Hi TRADEWINDKID Just thought id let you know there is more of us out there! Me and my wife just brought a 63 tradewind at xmas which needs a bit of work on it before we can use it. so you know what im doing with my spare evenings!My 2 young boys love it and are already asking who is going to have the bunk bed im building ! If your ever in my neck of the woods call in and ill get the kettle on . Where is the AMERICANA SHOW you mentioned?
cheers GARY N ps hope you see this i,m useless with these things!

Hi gary n,

AMERICANA Show is held yearly on the nearest weekend to July 4th. Its held fairly near to you, just follow A1 north to Newark on Trent, then A46 to Newark Showground. You have to prebook to camp over the weekend.

There is usually a few Airstreams attending, plus 100's of RV's (motorhomes/5th wheelers), 1000 American classic cars, a few hundred Harleys and Goldwings. Five stages featuring country, blues & rock bands.
If you go don't plan on a quiet weekend!!!

More info on their web site : Americana International Show

Regards, John
WK57ABF is offline   Reply With Quote