Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Global 'streaming > Modifications
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-07-2021, 02:09 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2020 27' Flying Cloud
Decatur , Michigan
Shout Out to Camp World - Grand Rapids

Following our first camping trip to Florida in our 2020 flying cloud 27FB my wife and I decided we would like to bring our bikes on our next trip. Finding the right bike carrier was going to be challenging as we have the hatch on the back of our trailer and mounting anything on the rear was not an option. Well next trip was getting close (early June to Rocky Mountain National park - Colorado) when I figured I better stop procrastinating and get something bought. Internet searches found exactly what I was looking for - Lippert Jack-it double bike carrier that mounts with the tongue jack. I searched the reviews on this forum and decided this was for us. On Sunday May 1st I searched the internet for a supplier of the jack-it bike carrier. Found many sources but all online sales were back ordered. Some said unknown when back in stock - some said back in stock in June. It was not looking good. Then while looking at camp world site I noticed it was available in some of their stores. Great! Started searching - my home state first - Michigan- none! Then Ohio, Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin- none! Then after searching every state in the US I found 5 available. One in South Carolina, one in Minnesota, one in Texas, one in California and one in Washington state. Great - I called South Carolina first - checked inventory- nope they had none. Called Minnesota next - they checked the floor - yep we have one - nope will not ship- come to store and get it - ouch way too far to drive. Texas - nope none in stock. Washington - yep have one - nope will not ship. Gave up and did not even call the California store. I was frustrated- so close - I thought I had a plan. Next day sitting drinking coffee I called the Camp World store in Grand Rapids Michigan - nope they had none in stock. Jessica who I was talking to said they were back ordered and not available in stores or online. I told her I found a couple in camp world stores - Minnesota and Washington state. I asked about getting a transfer from one of those stores to Grand Rapids. She said if I was willing to pay shipping she could possibly get the store to ship it to her. I happily agreed. Jessica did great and my wife picked up the bike rack today in plenty of time to get it installed. One of two possibly left in US! If you need one - there is still one in Washington State! Happy Traveling.
Bob May is offline   Reply With Quote