Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Global 'streaming > Shipping & Export/Import
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-22-2007, 01:39 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
st micheals , worcestershire
shipping to UK, just about patience

Hi , im just in the process of getting my airstream over from New Jersey to tenbury wells ,worcestershire and it has been a pain , dont get me wrong its not difficult just time consuming . Our first tihng was to contact someone who had done ti before , they put us in touch with ATI shipping .....what a disaster ..lies , lies and and then no contact calls not returned emails not answered so i went back to the drawing board and found a company a=called carex shipping and within two weeks it was on a boat to the uk which is were we are now . I will give a further update when it arrives .
puppybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 05:11 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
Central , Ohio
I'm sorry you had such problems with the first company, but at least it sounds like you are on the right track now!

Congratulations on your Airstream! I hope you enjoy it thoroughly over there. Post a picture of it coming off the boat, if you can!

Susan

1984 310 Limited Motor Home "The Rockin' A"
Alumatube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 09:36 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Hi puppybear, welcome to the forums.
What a huge undertaking. I hope your shipping experience goes well.
Dave
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 12:57 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1983 31' Airstream310
Iwerne Minster , Dorset. UK
Nice to have another Airstream over here - MH or trailer?

Sorry to hear the problems with ATI - they gave me good service -to a point, but in general not bad.

Don't take life so seriously.... it is not permanent!
Chuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:01 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

1966 26' Overlander
Melksham , Wiltshire
Smile

The fun will really begin once you have Airstream,
We have no end of Caravaners/Campers wanting to stop and chat and have nose around our 66 Overlander, It's just so much interesting than your average european caravan.

Do you have plans to covert the axels and electrics ?

We have stuck with the 110volt and just use a site transformer to convert the 240 volt down to 110volts. We also brought and fitted a braker controller for our Navara to hookup to Overlander so at least now have working Airstream breaks when we are on the move. We have used a company in the UK could Gold R.V as well as various US suppliers when obtaining spares

Good Luck !!

Dave & Julia
JuliaPowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:56 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
hi julia ... it arrived today 3/8/07 ..
luckily im bald anyway so no more hair to loose .. i hope my experiance is not the norm as we have had our 65 overlander booked on 4 different ships with 2 different compaies finally useing carex shipping , charged us $2500 from balitmore to southampton then used sjl caravan movers to get it to worcestershire ( thanks steve lamplough really helpfull guy in fact once it got to the uk everyone was really helpfull) best quote to ...
Unfortunatly it had a blowout on the way to the docks in the US , twin axel so i thought not a problem i will get a tyre put on while it was waiting at the docks ..... turns out the bolts sheared compleatly of and the whole wheel came of and the idiot taking it to port wasnt inteligent enough to pick it up and put it in the trailer so now ive got to find replacement bolts and a wheel .. but im just glad its here and cannot wait to get started on restoring her to her former glory ..... will keep you posted ... if anybody wants phone numbers or any detailed info on how i got mine here drop me a line ... thanks everone
Old 08-03-2007, 05:41 PM   #7
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1986 31' Sovereign
1975 25' Tradewind
1967 17' Caravel
Sherfield English , Hampshire
Send a message via MSN to Moonstruck Send a message via Yahoo to Moonstruck
Hi Puppy Bear,
I have a spare wheel and tyre for my 1989 29' Excella. Perhaps someone in the US would be able to tell us if it will fit. If so, you can borrow it to keep you going. I'm in the process of morphing into a vendor so when I bring my next AS we could see about getting you a permanent replacement
Marc
Old 08-04-2007, 03:02 AM   #8
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
thanks for your help and support

hi moonstruck thanks for the offer of the spare wheel thats a really fantastic offer thanks again . i will put a post up on the repairs forum to find out if its a compatable size but i also need the bolts as they sheared of in the accident so i have here stationary at the moment . those bolts are holding me up ......
as soon as i get them im on my way .... let me know when your new company starts as i have your first order .... thanks steve
Old 08-04-2007, 03:16 AM   #9
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
hi julia im hoping to keep it as original as possible so im going down the road of keeping the electric brakes and yes ive already got a 110v transformer for when its stationary . i too have had loads of people stoping to look and point .. in a good way .. im very excited about the next few years . were are gold rv . do they have a web site ... thanks steve
Old 08-04-2007, 06:26 AM   #10
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1986 31' Sovereign
1975 25' Tradewind
1967 17' Caravel
Quote:
Originally Posted by puppybear
hi moonstruck thanks for the offer of the spare wheel thats a really fantastic offer thanks again . i will put a post up on the repairs forum to find out if its a compatable size but i also need the bolts as they sheared of in the accident so i have here stationary at the moment . those bolts are holding me up ......
as soon as i get them im on my way .... let me know when your new company starts as i have your first order .... thanks steve
Hi Steve,
how many pins keep the wheel on and what is the distance between hole centres? I can check quickly against mine to put that one to bed.
Marc
Old 08-11-2007, 11:52 AM   #11
4 Rivet Member

1983 31' Airstream310
Iwerne Minster , Dorset. UK
What kind of pictures are you looking for .... MotorHome or just trailers?

I have a 310 bought in Texas and shipped over myself. Doing lots of upgrades and power modifications but keeping it 100% American - almost!

Chuck

Don't take life so seriously.... it is not permanent!
Chuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 12:13 PM   #12
2 Rivet Member

1982 31' Excella
1982 31' Airstream310
Moccas , herefordshire
Angry shipping

[Hi I shipped over a airstream motorhome from Galverston in Texas.I bought it in Arizona and drove it across U.S.A.to Galveston as that is the first roll on port on the east coast.Then shipped it to Southampton via Zebrugge in Belgium by Elite shipping the Airstream was vandalised in Zebrugge the reversing camera was stolen the dashboard wiring was damaged and I had to have it low loaded to Somerset where it is sitting in a yard.I am now looking for a auto electrican who can get it started.It seems that the shipping is the only drawback as there is no recourse with the shippers and I was told I could not insure against damage as it was to old I need more than patience shipping companies aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh take it easy normanmills@tiscali.co.uk
Normin storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:29 AM   #13
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1986 31' Sovereign
1975 25' Tradewind
1967 17' Caravel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normin storm
[Hi I shipped over a airstream motorhome from Galverston in Texas.I bought it in Arizona and drove it across U.S.A.to Galveston as that is the first roll on port on the east coast.Then shipped it to Southampton via Zebrugge in Belgium by Elite shipping the Airstream was vandalised in Zebrugge the reversing camera was stolen the dashboard wiring was damaged and I had to have it low loaded to Somerset where it is sitting in a yard.I am now looking for a auto electrican who can get it started.It seems that the shipping is the only drawback as there is no recourse with the shippers and I was told I could not insure against damage as it was to old I need more than patience shipping companies aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh take it easy normanmills@tiscali.co.uk
Hi Norman,
that's a bitch! It must have been a huge buzz to drive the MoHo across the states and now this. I've been lucky all I've had go missing is a couple of ZipDee chairs taken out of my Excella at Southampton and I have my suspicions where they went. Didn't your shipper offer marine insurance? It cost me an extra $400 dollars on my 21 year-old Sovereign and it's worth every penny for piece of mind. Anyway, I'm sorry, that's after the event.
I will see how I can help.
Marc