Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Global 'streaming > Shipping & Export/Import
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-30-2020, 10:33 AM   #1

2016 19' Flying Cloud
Bellevue , Washington
Shipping to Canada

Hello, I've got a 19' flying cloud that I want to ship from Seattle WA to Ottawa Canada.

I've called airstream and airstream Montreal to ask who they use for shipping. I was told Trusted Transport LLC but when I called them they said they do not ship trailers.

Does anyone have experience or know who I can contact about sending a travel trailer to Canada? I won't be able to take it myself, so that's out of the question.

Thanks in advance.
JOEL MONGEON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 10:49 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
KW , Ontario
have you tried
https://www.uscanadaautotransport.com/quote-us-canada/
or https://www.uship.com/commodity_selection.aspx?c=4
gator.bigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 09:13 PM   #3

1982 31' Airstream 310
Napa , California
Joel, I am on a similar boat. I am trying to get an airstream motorhome shipped from the Toronto area to our place in Napa. I also go in touch with Trusted and they also let me know they do not provide this type of transport. I have listed the shipping need twice on Uship, also with no luck. Only had one bid, which was really high. I was going to try US CANADA Auto Transport (which is also AA Auto Transport) and they have terrible reviews on Google and Yelp.

I will be following this in hope to find a shipping solution. Please let us know if you find someone.
Droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 11:51 PM   #4

2016 19' Flying Cloud
Bellevue , Washington
Thanks for the replies.

We have tried all of the mentioned shippers but no replies let alone quotes.

We've since switched plans and moved our move date up quite a bit. Now we are going to drive cross country before (hopefully) any snowy weather. We wanted to originally fly but now that the airlines have done away with social distancing, we don't want to chance it with our young boys.

Best of luck Droopy
Old 07-13-2020, 03:55 PM   #5

1982 31' Airstream 310
Napa , California
Nice Joel! Enjoy the road trip. I am considering having it shipped to Detroit and picking it up there. It may be quicker than waiting for quotes. We shall see. I cannot get out there until the beginning of August.
Old 07-14-2020, 06:42 AM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2012 28' International
Prince Edward County , Ontario
Joel:

I assume you are aware of the current restrictions of entry into Canada from the U.S. although this may change by the time you are ready to travel. Regarding shipping, have you contacted Can-Am RV in London as they may be able to suggest a service. Best of luck.
Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 10:59 PM   #7

2016 19' Flying Cloud
Bellevue , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclist View Post
Joel:

I assume you are aware of the current restrictions of entry into Canada from the U.S. although this may change by the time you are ready to travel. Regarding shipping, have you contacted Can-Am RV in London as they may be able to suggest a service. Best of luck.
Yes we've been following the Canadian governments response to Covid for months and have a quarantine plan in place once we enter Canada. Thanks for the reply.
Old 07-15-2020, 10:48 AM   #8

2018 30' Flying Cloud
Detroid , Michigan
I also planing to remove as soon as covid stops, from MI to FL, cos this situation is dangerous for traveling
Semmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 10:51 AM   #9
.-. -...

2017 25' International
Niagara-on-the-Lake , ON Canada
OP, I sent you two PMs. Did you receive them? I was surprised you didn’t respond.
Old 07-15-2020, 02:24 PM   #10

1982 31' Airstream 310
Napa , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventure.AS View Post
OP, I sent you two PMs. Did you receive them? I was surprised you didn’t respond.
This wouldn't happen to be in relation to shipping an AS, would it? If so, I'd be interested in some advice. I still have not been able to find someone to bring an AS from Erin, Ontario to Napa, CA. Or at the very least across the border to Detroit.
Old 09-09-2021, 01:22 PM   #11
2 Rivet Member

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
just curious if anyone found a resolution for shipping their trailers?
Oregon_dude is offline   Reply With Quote