Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Global 'streaming > Shipping & Export/Import
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-01-2020, 09:13 AM   #1

1976 27' Overlander
Houston , Texas
Help shipping Airstream to New Zealand

Hi, I have a 1976 Airstream Ambassador and want to ship to Auckland, New Zealand. I was told it would fit in a 40ft container, then I was told it wouldn't. I was then told to use RORO. I will have to ship out of Houston Texas. If anyone can help me get it back to New Zealand or point me in the right direction. Many thanks.
travel time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 06:49 AM   #2

1973 Argosy 22
Jacksonville , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by travel time View Post
Hi, I have a 1976 Airstream Ambassador and want to ship to Auckland, New Zealand. I was told it would fit in a 40ft container, then I was told it wouldn't. I was then told to use RORO. I will have to ship out of Houston Texas. If anyone can help me get it back to New Zealand or point me in the right direction. Many thanks.
Hi. We are looking at importing one to NZ (we're currently living in the US and will buy one while we're here). Have you got any further arranging yours? I'm interested in any information you have!
Kiwigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 11:36 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1961 16' Bambi
Hot Springs , South Dakota
Mark the Airstream Guy does international shipping.
mark@airstreamguy.com
fander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 08:34 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1984 32.5' Airstream 325
Gainesville , Florida
Any success?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwigirl View Post
Hi. We are looking at importing one to NZ (we're currently living in the US and will buy one while we're here). Have you got any further arranging yours? I'm interested in any information you have!
Hi - Kiwi fella here, looking to do the same thing (ish). I have a 325 I’m thinking of shipping back from Florida… just not sure about LH RV values back in NZ.. esp with a guzzling big block in her… be a fun bus to have there.. with the exception of WoF every 6 months 😬

Cheers-
Pete
Shinytoaster is offline   Reply With Quote