Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2016, 04:29 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Bellaire , Texas
battery power

I moved my 2006 25ft. safari to my indoor storage today. what button do I need to push to light up cabin off of batteries. Batteries seem to have a charge since power jack worked. Sorry for such a lame question.
Bigeddie58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 04:35 PM   #2
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
The power jack is connected directly to the batteries and if you disconnect the battery elsewhere with the battery disconnect switch, the jack will still work.

I am guessing you used the battery disconnect switch, but I never have and many others don't either. Turn it back on and let there be light.

If you plug the trailer into shore power, the lights should work regardless. But if you charge the batteries with shore power and the single stage charger Airstreams come with, you will eventually overcharge them and dry them out. There's a lot more to learn about batteries and I suggest you look for threads on them.

There are no lame questions, though there are some dumb answers.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote