Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Safari > 2005 - 2010 Safari
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-12-2006, 10:27 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Davydd -- The hail damaged Safari is still being offered at Shoreview. They had it down at the Mpls Convention Center for the RV-Camping Show this weekend. I seem to recall it is a twin bed. They're losing money on their capital -- might take less than $29,000 on an offer!

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 01:12 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I'm so "hail bent" to have me one, I've a notion...

Two new colors coming up on the FB though, butterscotch and jade.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 01:25 PM   #23
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
new colors

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
I'm so "hail bent" to have me one, I've a notion...

Two new colors coming up on the FB though, butterscotch and jade.
The forest sage will be no longer available and here are two new color schemes to be out shortly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	butterscotch (2).jpg
Views:	135
Size:	177.8 KB
ID:	18390   Click image for larger version

Name:	jade fabrics (2).jpg
Views:	136
Size:	204.5 KB
ID:	18391  

photography
Old 02-12-2006, 01:27 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Carol -- I should point out this is a standard rear bedroom Safari, not an FB. Re-reading Davydd's 7th post in this thread, my cracked memory can't say anything on the SE status of this unit. I stumbled a bit on other words too -- that should be Shorewood RV.

Did you get any replies on your question asking about suitability of multiple tow vehicles of 4-5 days ago?

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 12:30 PM   #25
Colonial Airstream NJ
Airstream Dealer

1961 16' Bambi
1997 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Millstone Township , New Jersey
2006 Airstream Safari 25FB SE LS Butterscotch

Hello,

I know you have all seen the Butterscotch in sample fabric. We have just received our first butterscotch Safari in today. I have taken some photos and more will be posted this evening. Please take a look and let me know what you think.

http://www.colonialairstream.com/newinventory/8022.html
Old 02-24-2006, 06:08 PM   #26
Rivet Master

Tonka Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canoe stream
Davydd -- The hail damaged Safari is still being offered at Shoreview. They had it down at the Mpls Convention Center for the RV-Camping Show this weekend. I seem to recall it is a twin bed. They're losing money on their capital -- might take less than $29,000 on an offer!
Bob,

The hail damaged Safari was a queen bed in St. Paul. My wife saw it being towed on Highway 7 in St. Louis Park the week after and that is far from Shorewood RV. If you saw a twin at the Minneapolis show it might have been another model. I missed the Minneapolis show. We bought a Sprinter camper van and just spent a week driving out to Massachusetts and back with it. We didn't camp. It was too cold and once we got there we had a warm bed in a private residence waiting for us.
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 06:50 PM   #27
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
new incandescent ceiling light

What is the new incandescent ceiling light that is listed under standard features?

photography
Old 02-24-2006, 09:02 PM   #28
1 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
costa mesa , California
Still Love It!

Hi All,

Glad to see my original thread continues to stimulate interest and discussion in what I believe is a beautiful Airstream model. We consider ourselves very fortunate to be able to enjoy the Airstream experience and to be in the company of such good people as yourselves. Thanks to all that have welcomed us and wished us well. I hope to meet some of you on the road.

Cheers,

-Mod Streamer
Mod-Streamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 07:50 AM   #29
3 Rivet Member

2006 Safari SE
Los Alamitos , California
Corol: The incandescent lights are like airplane runway lighting, and are really cool. They run in parallel from each end of the camper. One switch turns on the living area, and another switch turns on the bedroom.

ModStreamer: Sherry and I are just down the road from you, in Los Alamitos. Are you thinking about joining a local unit?

Keep in touch.

Robert and Sherry
OpenHigher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 12:25 PM   #30
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mod-Streamer
We just returned from our maiden voyage in our new '06 Safari SE FB and we love it!

I highly recomend Southwest Coaches in Irvine, CA. Troy and the rest of the team were terrific. We could not be happier. Mod-Streamer
We too are purchasing a 2006 Safari LS SE from Troy at Southwest Coaches!
He's been great to work with, Dan and I can't wait to take posession and bring her home to San Diego.

After a loooong absence from the forum and many changes we now need the bigger unit. Our daughter from beautiful Ga (which I will miss, nicest people on earth!) is coming home with her two year old son and one on the way in Oct (her husband of 5 years bailed ), so more room for all of us to enjoy the AS life in San Diego and wherever we may go in the coming years.

Great to see so many new members (wow, 15K!) as well as the old timers, still hope to make a rally someday when I can convince the husband

Any known issues regarding this unit before our walk through please advise. It's loaded with all goodies and solar so should be nice with midnight sun interior and wrap windows end to end. I also got the twin beds...husband is a bed hog

Glad to be back!

Barbara
Rhodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 01:51 PM   #31
2 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
summerfield , Florida
Hey..Mod Streamer

Hi...was wondering what you really thought of the 25' FB, fabric on cushions, did you keep the bed spread on??????? We are picking up our new 05 25' FB on Thursday, we are thrilled after waiting 10 yrs to buy one. After reading some forums about complaints people had on cushion covers and bed spread, and the door falling off, almost had second thoughts about this BIG purchase. Did you don anything about a microwave?? Thanks..
safari05-25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 03:03 PM   #32
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecrest2
After reading some forums about complaints people had on cushion covers and bed spread, and the door falling off, almost had second thoughts about this BIG purchase. Did you don anything about a microwave?? Thanks..
The bedspread is designed for selling trailers, not for using trailers. I now have a nice lightweight quilt set for everyday use. I have had 3 new Airstreams and did not use the original bedspread in any one of them.

OTOH, if you want to do some creative customizing, think of the bedspread as a huge free source of matching fabric. My ornamental bed pillows are now housed in shams that match the new bedspread and the fabric from the pillows was used to decorate elsewhere in the trailer.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:04 PM   #33
2 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Ottawa , Ontario
I NV you

I'm the Uneasy Airstreamer (see Safari forum for my tale of woe).
We fell in love with the same model and year that you are enjoying, but unfortunately we have encountered one leak after another.
You are very fortunate and I NV you.
Annemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:24 PM   #34
2 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari
Buffalo Grove , Illinois
I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
For the record this is one sweet floor plan for a 25 footer.
You are right on, sweeet!!!! : )
airhaus is offline   Reply With Quote