RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 11-19-2006, 11:18 AM   #1
VE7REZ / W6

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Desert Hot Springs , California
Send a message via AIM to hamradio
Kitchen cupboard wire storage racks

Could somone please tell me how many white wire racks are included in the pantry slide out shelf (on a 2006 25 FB Safari )located by the stove. My dealer doesn't seem to know how many wire racks are supposed to be shipped with this model. I only have 2 but there is room for 2 or 3 more by the looks of it. This dealer has been trying to weazle out of a number of warranty repairs too so I don't trust what he says anymore. 6 months after purchase and I still can't get some things repaired. It's beyond frustration at this point.http://www.airforums.com/forum...milies/sad.gif
hamradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:54 AM   #2
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Rivet Good luck! I've had good luck with technical support email

Sorry for your trouble, hope things get resolved to your satisfaction. I'll bet some owners of similar models will chime in.

Another thing you probably considered is going to the source--you could always try emailing Airstream.com, for sure they would know. I've had really good responses there. The website's contact page lists these:
Email
Technical Support
tech@airstream.com
Corporate Questions
info@airstream.com
Press
press@airstream.com
RV Sales
sales@airstream.com
Online Store
store@airstream.com
Customer Support Feedback
customersupport@airstream.com

Best wishes!
Old 11-19-2006, 01:30 PM   #3

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
We have an '05 25' Safari FB. Ours came with 3 pantry shelves; 4 would make more sense.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 02:58 PM   #4
_

. , .
hi hamradiobnb

seems wheel interested and canoestream had these models and discussed this pantry issue a while back in this thread...

http://www.airforums.com/forum...ghlight=pantry

carol posted a pic of the pantry in #195 looks like standard is 3

http://www.airforums.com/forum...4-post195.html

and a few posts earlier denis4x4 mentioned the 16$ shelves being several HUNDRED dollars if ordered from a/s...

one issue/concern could be how much weight the total rack will support on the roller bearings...

hope this helps ya...

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:28 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I ordered one extra shelf. I forget what the dealer charged me, I think around $24.00 but in truth I don't remember.

After using the shelves I thought 4 was about right. Because of the top of the pantry you are going to have to drop down that top shelf for clearance to be able to get things in and out of there. I kept one shelf for tall things and then the other two shelves in the middle, once things were on it, seemed about right for spacing. It took more clearance to get things in and out than I had first thought by sizing up the size of the pantry looking at empty shelves. But then it probably depends on what you fill your pantry with. My boxes of cookies are tall and those chip bags need space.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:54 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman
seems wheel interested and canoestream had these models and discussed this pantry issue a while back in this thread...

one issue/concern could be how much weight the total rack will support on the roller bearings...
Exactly. Ours came with three but there is plenty of room for four. As 2air' sez, it might not be a good idea if you fill up with canned goods. But to the canned goods we do add a variety of oatmeal, cocoa and other low density items as a matter of course. Then I think you'd be in good shape with four if your latch functions correctly. Mine needed some warranty adjustment but is functioning properly right now.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 10:12 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I forgot about the latch. I got an adjustable curtain rod after a tip from another ASer and ran it across the aisle. My pantry would open but I blamed Michigan road construction.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 06:58 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
summerfield , Florida
Hamradiobnb..

Our 05 25' FB had 3 shelves, so I ordered one more as there was room for more, and we were charged $16.00 for it. But....had a hard time to get it to fit in there, may have been just a scooch larger, but...hubby got it in there by rearranging all the shelves. It was well worth it...
safari05-25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 06:53 PM   #9
Airstreamer

2012 27' FB International
Bellevue , Washington
Ours came with 3 but we purchased from a previous owners....
J5MM is offline   Reply With Quote