Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2006, 10:46 AM   #161
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
What's nice with your children is that once you have your template made whether upholstery or slip covers you can make washable covers in a variety even mix and match, change motif or be seasonal! The biggest consideration was white or black counters. I think the white is brighter and I like the contrast edging. But midnight sun is also very cool. Hmmm...decisions decisions.

Alas I am a GIANT procrastinator and it will probably stay the way it is, but knowing that it can be done is a big boon in it's favor.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 02:27 PM   #162
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
The biggest consideration was white or black counters. I think the white is brighter and I like the contrast edging.
So, did you go with the white counters? We (me 'n' Doug) both lean toward the lighter colors. Dark seems to close in on us, especially since we're looking at smaller 'streams, but the midnight sun really is very cool looking.

Quote:
Alas I am a GIANT procrastinator and it will probably stay the way it is, but knowing that it can be done is a big boon in it's favor
So too me, but dreaming of all the possibilities is half the fun isn't it? I don't know how many times in a week I say, "Oh that would be so cool in the trailer!"
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 03:28 PM   #163
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
So far the dealer has a deposit and I am on the list for production. I have a bit of time to play around with the options until closer to the actual build date. Lead in time is increasing as the camping season approachs. Probably looking at a May delivery date. I am set up for a trade but free to entertain offers that could benefit both me and a buyer. (yet but another shameless plug--see my signature. )

I am still thinking the light counter, but dreaming of a Winick like interior, (sigh)

These were posted before by others. I like the counters should we decide to go with a retro/mod dinette look. I stated before the laminates are Wilsonart but I was in error, it is Formica.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	75bambi.jpeg
Views:	167
Size:	163.1 KB
ID:	18921  
Attached Images

photography
Old 03-02-2006, 09:53 PM   #164
1 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
costa mesa , California
Carol,

Congrats on your new FB. We love ours and I'm sure you will love yours.

I have to ask what am I looking at in the photo of your last post?! Is this an optional interior available from AS?! If so, I'm feeling sick right about now. While I love my Forest Sage interior, this interior is stunning! My tastes lean towards modern which is why my first AS was a CCD. Please fill me in.

Thanks,

Mod-Streamer
Mod-Streamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 11:30 PM   #165
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Thanks Modstreamer

That is David Winick's custom design 19' Bambi. It is a 75th anniversary limited edition and should be out soon. Check in the Blue Beret and Airstream Life for more pictures, they both had a page of pictures.

photography
Old 03-03-2006, 10:01 AM   #166
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Thanks Modstreamer

That is David Winick's custom design 19' Bambi. It is a 75th anniversary limited edition and should be out soon. Check in the Blue Beret and Airstream Life for more pictures, they both had a page of pictures.
Think they might release other lengths? I've been waiting for the 30' Safari SE but I'd really go for a 30' Safari in that version instead!
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:29 AM   #167
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie's Mate
Think they might release other lengths? I've been waiting for the 30' Safari SE but I'd really go for a 30' Safari in that version instead!
As long as you are speculating I might as well join you. There was some talk about a hope that the design would be so well accepted that perhaps it could be considered in another and larger unit.

I would wonder, this being a limited edition for the anniversary, if it would be extended to other models in the future. I would also wonder if the cost, design, and the demand of a 30' would be viable.

Hard decision for me to decide to order the 25' FB not knowing what lies ahead. Just like electronics, do you wait or do you buy.

I think Airstream should initiate a lease program. Sign me up!!!

photography
Old 03-03-2006, 11:12 AM   #168
_

. , .
hello wheel interested and others....

i sure hope you are happy with the move from classic to safari.....

there are many things to like about the safaris and se and ccds and qsilvers....

style is a big plus....fabrics......colors......floor plans...... all plus

but having been inside and touched and pulled and opened and so on....

trim and edges and finish work.....is not part of the plus side....

virtually every one i've "handled" on lots and at shows and in jc has had....

loose, peeling, uneven trim...or gaps, size/cut mismatches....and so on.....

it may be that the owners get this all worked out over time....

but so many of the glued/screwed pieces bother me....

and i think it has as much to do with the materials and how the edges are finished as builder issues....

while the oak cabinet style of the classic is old fashion...at least the edges aren't an issue...

i hope in the winick anniv model they have this issue fixed....

or that a se you buy is stays together long term...

there are also holding tank size, steps, windows, bedding, dinette issues but one can only decide if these issue work by using/living inside both the classic and safaris a while...and it's odd how the international label is falling aside.

cheers
2air'
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 02:46 PM   #169
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman
hello wheel interested and others....

i sure hope you are happy with the move from classic to safari.....

or that a se you buy stays together long term...

but one can only decide if these issue work by using/living inside both the classic and safaris a while...

cheers
2air'
I hope so too.

I am prepared. Before we had the 25' 2005 Classic, we bought a 25' 2003 Safari SS at the end of 2003. I know the differences well. But if I am wrong, I suspect they will make more.

photography
Old 03-04-2006, 06:00 AM   #170
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
wheels - So will that formica be available from the factory? I've heard that they are going to offer Corian in 1/8", laid in like formica to make it lighter, for the 2007s. I wonder if they would put that in a special order SE?

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 06:30 AM   #171
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
WOW! That would be cool! Tell me all.

photography
Old 03-04-2006, 08:05 AM   #172
Craftsman

The quality of the Hickory cabinets in the Classic Limited seems to be much better than anything the factory is actually producing. I was told at the factory that they are built by a subcontractor . That being the case, maybe they should contract out all the cabinet work. Some of the cabinet's in the Safari's etc.just don't seem like they're going to hold up well over time. Solid wood cabinetry can really look better and age well over time but the lamiates don't do well at all. Just look at how much Ikea furniture ends up in landfills.
Old 03-04-2006, 07:13 PM   #173
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Craftsman, I was just reading another thread about Classics where there was a discussion of cabinetry. Are you doing custom work on Airstreams?

photography
Old 03-05-2006, 08:46 AM   #174
Craftsman

Carol, As a furniture/cabinetmaker by trade, I did advertise in Airstream Life for custom woodwork. I have built items and shipped as far as Washington state to an owner of a new 34 Classic but the volume just isn't there and the logistics of doing built-ins requires that the trailer be at the shop. So, I will do custom orders for items that can be shipped and installed by the owner.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:36 PM   #175
1 Rivet Member

Liberty Lake , Washington
Does anyone know if it is possible to get the 25' FB floorplan (with ALL of the extra windows!) in the Classic Limited trim?
Thanks
Chris
FLGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 06:40 PM   #176
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
No way

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGator
Does anyone know if it is possible to get the 25' FB floorplan (with ALL of the extra windows!) in the Classic Limited trim?
Thanks
Chris
The Limited option is available only in Classic trailers longer than the 28. I wish it were; my 28 would have that option if I could get it.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 12:06 PM   #177
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGator
Thanks
Chris
If you are referring to the SE (Special Edition) LS trim package with the Classic/International style windows including the front (optional) and rear wrap around windows, vista view windows, and hinged-at-the-top windows and bare aluminum walls and ceiling, then yes it is available in the 25' FB floorplan. However, the 25' FB floorplan is only available as a Safari and not a Classic model. The main visible difference is the interior finishes (cabinets, corian, etc.,) and windows. The SE package has included the windows from the Classic line which had not been available in the Safaris prior to the mid-'05 and '06 models.

BTW, the LS package and the SE package are two separate trip packages. You should check the Airstream website for a full detailed description of the two options packages. On the 25' FB SE, the rear wrap window is standard and the front wrap window is optional.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:20 PM   #178
gunnyusmc

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Livingston , Texas
2006 Safari LSSE 25'

You can get the "LS" & "SE" together in the Safari.
Check out MY Photo's.

Don
Gunnyusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 07:33 AM   #179
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnyusmc
You can get the "LS" & "SE" together in the Safari.
Check out MY Photo's.

Don
Yes, in fact I am unaware of anyone getting the SE package without the LS package. I'm not sure if you can get the SE without the LS package. I quess you could, but if you are going for that level of upgrade, I can't imagine not wanting the items that are in the LS package too.
Old 03-10-2006, 06:39 PM   #180
2 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1958 22' Flying Cloud
1948 16' Wee Wind
Ada , Michigan
75th Anniversary Model Pictures

Hi Guys

Just read the posts regarding the 75th Anniversary Model.
I'm David Winick, the designer of the unit. Thought I'd add a link to my website as Airstream has not posted anything official on their website.
Thanks a heck of a lot for all the kind words. Really appreciate it.

David

http://www.vintagetrailering.com/pro...0prototype.htm