RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 02-17-2006, 12:16 AM   #141
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankornuta
So, for all you new Airstream experts, what type of insulation do they use in the walls of the new Airstreams? It's certainly very effective, I was curious if anyone knew what it was, how it was applied.
hello ankornuta

well the floors now have bubble foil....and the walls were supposed to switch over from the pink glass fiber stuff to bubble foil for 06....

of course they were also just about to break ground for the new moho factory at the same time

i have no first hand proof they made the switch and when last in jc (august) they were still packing pink...

perhaps someone who has been to the mothership recently...can confirm.

someone here is doing the tour friday..........
lets ask him to check just past the hurricane station........

http://www.airforums.com/forum...our-20847.html

go ahead ask 'em....

cheers
2air'
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 08:05 PM   #142
4 Rivet Member

1997 30' Excella
Waddell , Arizona
28' Safari SE

I'm a bit confused about the 28' Safari SE. Airstream shows a floorplan for it on their site yet does not mention it on the SE handout or option sheet. I've seen an ad for a new one so they must actually build one.
1997 30' Excella (SOLD)
Steve Heywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 05:41 AM   #143
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
We're doing it!

I am almost afraid to even think it, but hubby went off this morning and we can officially say, the check is in the mail. No, really, it is.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 07:50 AM   #144
3 Rivet Member

2006 Safari SE
Los Alamitos , California
Silverback: We, Sherry and I, just purchased the 2006 28 foot Safari SE LS, with all the upgrades. Gotta say, contrary to some of the posts about detail on the veneer, etc., A/S did a great job on our rig.

The storage in the rear is quite large. In our storage area we keep two of those large tents, the ones you use for shade. We also keep a tool box, the 30 amp for electrical as it is long and a bit too cumbersome to put in the bumper storage area (the area for the equalizers etc). We also store in the storage area the plastic wheel covers, the scissor brackets, a small fold up table, and other misc. Point is, plenty of room.

Got any other questions, let me know. We love the rig, and have been out three times, all in good order. Plan on a trip every month, from here in So. Cal.

Best, Robert and Sherry
OpenHigher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 08:35 PM   #145
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Exclamation

Congrats Carol! Setting yourself up for the future -- just like we did. Woo-hoo!!

Steve -- I have learned Airstream is slow on updating anything to do with literature or the website. The 28' SE has been out there 5-6 months. The 23' Safari and now the 20' Safari are out with little fanfare. They will start building the Dave Winick 19' retro-Bambi in a few weeks -- nothing on the website. They handle the human side of the equation much better. Dealers and company reps can actually give you much more current info.

To the open road ....

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 09:13 PM   #146
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Thanks Bob. We are so excited. Time will d r a g until it's finally here, no dates yet, probably May, in time for my Tin Can Tourist Rally locally for it's shakedown unless we spend a few days by the dealer and visit some friends camping seasonally nearby. We do plan to spend the night there to check all systems before pulling away. It's about a three hour drive over to Grand Rapids from us. For service issues, the factory is not much more of a drive for us to Jackson Center. They'll probably remember me.

I want to thank you for all your help, you have been most instrumental in our decision to go for it. Was I a terrible pest?

We can't wait to sit at the dinette and look out all those windows! Have to pick a beautiful state or national park to get the best views. BTW, I have named it "The Grand View."

photography
Old 02-23-2006, 09:54 PM   #147
Grandpa's 63 bambi :)

1963 16' Bambi
1967 22' Safari
Lincoln , Nebraska
I see in this thread alot of comments about likes/dislikes, and suggestions for future designs. One thing my wife has commented that she wishes AS had was a slide out option. Open things up inside. I have never heard any comments about this and since several of you seem to be in the know, is there or has there been any research on the possibility?
Chris
Old 02-23-2006, 10:00 PM   #148
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
slide-out

Yes, they do make slide-outs. You can take a look at one here:
http://www.colonialairstream.com/new...091.html#7091x

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 10:10 PM   #149
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
I am almost afraid to even think it, but hubby went off this morning and we can officially say, the check is in the mail. No, really, it is.
wheel interested -- Can you catch me up? I'm trying to put together from bits and pieces of threads what you've got on order. Is it the 25' SE FB? New interior colors? Do tell.
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 02-23-2006, 10:11 PM   #150
Grandpa's 63 bambi :)

1963 16' Bambi
1967 22' Safari
Lincoln , Nebraska
Thanks for the quick reply. That looks great! My wife is also impressed. I will have check into this further. I like the dinette slide out. I wonder if they have multiple slide outs (Bedroom). Thanks again for the great link.
Chris
Old 02-23-2006, 10:39 PM   #151
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjamie
wheel interested -- Can you catch me up? I'm trying to put together from bits and pieces of threads what you've got on order. Is it the 25' SE FB? New interior colors? Do tell.
Yes we will be getting the 25' front bedroom, SE LS with stratus fabric. I am so excited. Yesterday when I posted I was still a bit shakey.

Here are some butterscotch interior pictures. I was told jade color was only for Classics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	S25 FB SOFA AND DINETTE IN BUTTERSCOTCH2.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	18670   Click image for larger version

Name:	S25 FB SOFA AND DINETTE IN BUTTERSCOTCH1.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	18671  

Name:	BUTTERSCOTCH BED.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	18672  

photography
Old 02-23-2006, 10:53 PM   #152
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
Chandler , Arizona
The '06 is a beauty has there been word if the SE interior will be available in the 30' safari by year end or '07?
AZstreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 10:59 PM   #153
Rivet Master

2020 23' Globetrotter
Saint Louis , Missouri
Carol,

Congratulations!

The big windows in the rear over the dinette are especially desirable. The place we camp most is on a lake. We are usually across from the marina and the view is best from the rear.

If I didn't like my 28' CCD so much, I'd be very tempted to get one like yours.

Dennis
cosmotini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 11:04 PM   #154
Rivet Master

2006 28' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Colorado Springs , Colorado
25' SE FB outside storage?

Hello Wheel Interested,
It looks like you're getting the queen bed. What's the outside storage like on that one (and where is it)?
Thanks,
Ken
Old 02-23-2006, 11:13 PM   #155
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Thanks. I also love the CCDs, in fact I wish the FB was a CCD. It was definitely the rear wrap that sold it for us. Last fall when we went camping in the UP we must have taken 30 minutes or more walking off a path and trying to get in between the trees to get the river view at the front of the trailer and still getting the car out but it didn't work. This will just make positioning so much easier and I gain my missed dinette and a queen bed.

I haven't heard about the 30' SE yet.

photography
Old 02-23-2006, 11:17 PM   #156
Rivet Master

2006 28' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Colorado Springs , Colorado
OpenHigher,
Thanks for the reply. That storage capacity is a big plus for the 28' SE. We're having a tough time (whah...) deciding between the 28' SE and the 25' SE FB queen bed models. It will likely be decided by the wardrobe and outside storage options.
Thanks,
Ken
Old 02-23-2006, 11:47 PM   #157
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback
Hello Wheel Interested,
It looks like you're getting the queen bed. What's the outside storage like on that one (and where is it)?
Thanks,
Ken
Hi Ken, I do have pictures of all the storage compartments and cabinets and wardrobes in the 25' if you would like I can e-mail them to you. We may have less storage now but that will make us lighter and fleeter of foot (wheel?)

There is only one outdoor storage door and that is on the curb side with a small access door, nothing like the twin bed full AS end width storage door and two side storage compartments (which the Classic has and I think it may be the same with the Safari twin configuration.) The hot water heater is located close to it with some tubing there and then there is a partition so that there is open access at the foot of the bed for easy indoor access with two large plastic tubs. I am sure you could change the partitioning easily. I have heard they have beefed up the (shocks?) for easier lifting of the bed for access to underbed storage. This is how we will have to get to the rectangular Weber grill since it would be too high with the cover on it to fit through the door, though no problem if you had the twin bed's huge outside door in front.

My ladder may not fit now either, but I vow to adjust to whatever. I just love it so! This will be our 4th trailer in the 25-26' size and find that is large enough for the two of us and our German Shepherd. Bigger is always nice but it makes you longer and heavier yadda yadda yadda then the tow vehicle considerations, not to mention Walbernizing. We have it all in the 25' just less space in between steps and less storage, but I am sure it will be ample for our needs. I just have to stop bringing everything I own!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	fboutsidestorage.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	18673   Click image for larger version

Name:	FBoutsidestoragedoor.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	18674  

Name:	fbunderbedstorage.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	18675  

photography
Old 02-24-2006, 09:21 AM   #158
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Quote:
Yes we will be getting the 25' front bedroom, SE LS with stratus fabric. I am so excited. Yesterday when I posted I was still a bit shakey.

Here are some butterscotch interior pictures. I was told jade color was only for Classics.
Ooooooh, aaaaaaah -- very nice. Thanks for the pics of the butterscotch. I like it (but not for kids, too light). I'm a fan of the forest sage, so sad they ain't doin' that no more. But the SE should look nice in the stratus.

Congratulations! I'll be watchin' for updates.

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 02-24-2006, 10:13 AM   #159
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Thanks, the nice thing about the cushions is they can be recovered since there are no fabric end panels or valances to deal with. Think of it as a clean pallette. : ) Window treatments can be changed too. Think of it as a new "vintage" restoration project. How about a nice chrome T edge on those or better still Wilsonart "boomerang" pattern formica. Could even add birch veneer with the generous 2000 # NCC. I thought the forest sage looked retro and the green was a nice restful color. There still are units available at the dealers with it in various models and configurations.

Here's a few ideas just to get the pondering started. A designer redo and a flexsteel couch. Then again we will be good to go with a bedspread and couch throw, rugs, novelties and dishes for color and style. Lots to dream of...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	leathercushionsshades.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	18676   Click image for larger version

Name:	vs-2785-l.jpeg
Views:	109
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	18677  

photography
Old 02-24-2006, 11:06 AM   #160
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Quote:
Thanks, the nice thing about the cushions is they can be recovered since there are no fabric end panels or valances to deal with. Think of it as a clean pallette. : )
Now you're talkin'. I told Doug it doesn't really matter what color we get 'cause I'm gonna change it -- the new models are great for that! It's just a matter of deciding which covers are going to be in original condition when I pass them on to the next owner.

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650