Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2006, 01:09 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Decherd , Tennessee
2006 Safari 25' FB SE LS Panoramic Windows

Well, my wife and I went to the dealer to finalize the purchase of a 19' Bambi Safari SE we had put a deposit on. We liked the SE package with the aluminum skin inside and just as the papers were being signed I asked the salesman if there were any larger ones with the SE package in stock.

He said, "We have a 25' out back that just came in 3 days ago, let's go take a look". We were walking back behind the building and he stated it was a FB.

My wife and I don't like the front bedroom designs (We had seen the 20' and 22') and we almost stopped and turned around but decided to check it out anyway. Little did we know that the door was at the rear, and the bedroom isn't the first thing you see when you step inside. Wow, what a floorplan! We fell in love instantly and knew it was the AS for us. You could actually walk around the queen bed.

It was loaded with options like the Audio/Video Upgrade Package, The Safari LS Upgrade Package, Panoramic Windows in Front and the new '06 stripe graphics.

The Bambi SE was nice but I think we would have eventually outgrown it. But let me tell you, this one's a keeper!

nazz300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 02:11 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 28' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Colorado Springs , Colorado
Welcome to the 2006 Safari SE club. We ordered our 28' SE yesterday. We love the 25' FB design but wanted a bit more storage. You may want to re-post this thread here: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f335/2006-safari-special-editions-17339.html
A lot of members are subscribed to this thread.
Enjoy,
Ken
Old 03-19-2006, 02:28 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
This was my first impression. The day I laid eyes on it I told the salesmen I don't know when but I will have one of these! That after just purchasing a 2005 Classic. Cabinetry and integral features aside this is a floorplan we can live with forever! This will be our 3rd new Airstream in 2 1/2 years. I am unloading the Classic with pangs of loss but I am looking forward to this perfect floor plan all the while!!!! I may have to dress it up but isn't that the idea?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 03:41 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Ditto!

That is about what happened to me. It's different from the pure CCD, but not that much. The layout is SO kewl.

Tin Lizzie
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote