Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-24-2019, 07:55 PM   #41
Rivet Master

2004 28' Classic
Monument , Colorado
As an update, Wilson also has 5 volt adapter depending on your unit. Check their web site.
DaveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 11:07 PM   #42
Site Team

2017 30' International
Broomfield , Colorado
Yes my Wilson (weboost) come with both an AC and DC connectors / plugs. I power mine with 12v DC through a little 5v or 6v converter that came with the unit.
wulfraat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 03:33 PM   #43
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Box Elder (formerly Long Island, NY) , South Dakota
I've been VERY happy with the two high end WiFiRanger solutions I've purchased. I believe WiFiRanger will be introducing a totally new WiFi solution in the near future.
NY24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 08:06 AM   #44
2 Rivet Member

2021 30RB Classic
Saint Augustine , Florida
WeBoost RV 65 Review

I purchased the WeBoost RV 65 a few weeks ago and did a "temporary" install while camped at St. George Island SP in Florida's panhandle last week. The campground is pretty remote. We use Sprint as our service provider. Installation was very easy; just follow the instructions. It's nothing more than connecting a few components together with coax, and attaching a power supply to the booster.

Overall, it worked as advertised. We went from "1x Extended" to a 4G LTE Extended connection (with four bars) after hooking up.

The WeBoost 65 RV uses a telescoping pole upon which the directional hi-gain antenna is secured. Once it's attached and wired up, the pole extends to 25' in height.

I fashioned an antenna pole mounting system by placing the antenna pole inside the passenger side rear bumper of my 2019 27' FC FB. I used Velcro straps to secure the base of the pole to the bumper, and another section of the pole higher up to the rear window awning arm. There are three small holes in the round plastic base of the pole suitable for metal tent/canopy stakes. I put stakes through all three. I also used a couple more canopy stakes with poly lines to put additional tension on the pole from different directions. The end result was that the pole was very stable in the fully extended position.

I am curious if any others use the RV 65 kit with their Airstreams and how they've gone about mounting the antenna pole.

Regards from sunny, warm, and humid S. Florida!
Instagram: Cirrusaly.Silver
Cirrusaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 01:05 PM   #45
2 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Edmond , Oklahoma
Adam, my 1972 Sovereign still has its groovy old "batwing" TV antenna up top. I would really like to hear more about how you repurposed it to boost your cell signal. It only makes sense to me that to have the best hotspot cell phone based internet I somehow need to get the cell signal from outside hard wired into the inside of my tin can. From there re-casting the signal upon the airwaves within the interior walls of my chrome twinkie should be far more superior. Making the groovy batwing is a HUGE bonuse!
Happyjoemay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 11:25 AM   #46
2 Rivet Member

Pawleys Island , South Carolina
This may be a dumb question.. but can you use the antenna that Airstream mounts from the factory on an Interstate (Poynting) and plug it into the WeBoost? I have 2020 Interstate with the Poynting antenna on top and am trying to figure out what to do with it.
justinshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 06:57 AM   #47
wmb
3 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinshort View Post
This may be a dumb question.. but can you use the antenna that Airstream mounts from the factory on an Interstate (Poynting) and plug it into the WeBoost? I have 2020 Interstate with the Poynting antenna on top and am trying to figure out what to do with it.
Which type is it? See here for the bands supported by the various Poynting models: https://poynting.tech/choice-of-antenna/
wmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 08:50 AM   #48
2 Rivet Member

Pawleys Island , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmb View Post
Which type is it? See here for the bands supported by the various Poynting models: https://poynting.tech/choice-of-antenna/
It's the MIMO-3 that does Cellular and Wifi. I have a general understanding of how routers work though this application seems different since the thing I'm connecting to the router - an iPhone or cellular iPad - already has an internet connect to it.. I'm trying to understand why the router itself needs to have an additional cellular connection that it applies downstream to my devices that already have one.
justinshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 06:47 AM   #49
wmb
3 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinshort View Post
It's the MIMO-3 that does Cellular and Wifi. I have a general understanding of how routers work though this application seems different since the thing I'm connecting to the router - an iPhone or cellular iPad - already has an internet connect to it.. I'm trying to understand why the router itself needs to have an additional cellular connection that it applies downstream to my devices that already have one.
What brand/model of router is it? Did the router come with the Interstate or is it aftermarket?
wmb is offline   Reply With Quote