Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2021, 11:49 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Brooklyn , New York
Voygaer Camera No Power Factory Install

The prior owner of my trailer attempted to replace a water damaged Voyager backup camera. It seems that in disconnecting the damaged camera, power was lost to the wire that connects to the camera. I think this may have happened when he tried to pull the wire out to access the connector.

I've seen several threads with people installing these cameras from scratch using power from the marker light above. My question is: on a factory installed camera on a 2019 Flying Cloud 25' FBT, is the power also coming from that light?

It would be great to know if the power comes there or from somewhere else before I start trying to pop lights off.
mixolydian12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 02:07 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2016 27' International
Sherwood Park , Alberta
Yes, the factory uses the power from the center clearance light to power the backup camera.

You should not have to remove the clearance light, you should be able to find the clearance light wire through the hole where the camera is mounted. There is normally enough slack in the wire to pull it through the hole in order to splice the camera power wire into it.
thewarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 08:21 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Brooklyn , New York
Thanks, I’ll give it a shot. That sounds better than removing lights.
mixolydian12 is offline   Reply With Quote