Old 10-06-2019, 08:43 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2020 25' Flying Cloud
Atlanta , Georgia
TV--not

I'm finally getting time to start setting up the entertainment electronics in my new 2020 Flying Cloud, starting with the TV (only coincidently in time for the Packers/Cowboys game, by the way). In short: a very nice screen of black and white static, which I haven't seen since "It's 10 PM, do you know where your children are?"

I am theoretically using the antennae. I ran through the autoprogram to find all channels. Of course it didn't find any in CATV etc, but there should be a half dozen on the regular TV. It found none. (I should say that I'm on shore power.)

My first guess is that it's the antennae. I'm working on the TV in the salon, which doesn't come out from the wall. But it looks like everything is connected properly. Another clue is the FM radio is staticky. Is there a way to check the antennae?

Belbein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 09:12 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB International
Trent Woods , North Carolina
The FM antenna is not related, it is the the little rubber ducky antenna on the top rear. It is possible that antenna became unplugged behind the radio. You will have to remove the radio to find out. The radio is a standard car mount and your owner's pack should have long metal key to insert on the sides to release the latches.
The TV antenna is the mushroom on the roof. If connected properly you must push the button on the amplifier near the TV, you will see a green light, then you can watch TV stations that are broadcast. Do that and try your scan. The amplifier must be off when you do your scan of cable channels, when you have cable hooked up to the connector on the exterior.
Larry
lsbrodsky is online now   Reply With Quote