RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-11-2018, 10:28 AM   #21
4 Rivet Member
 
MWBishop's Avatar
 
2017 26' Flying Cloud
Huntsville , Alabama
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 287
Not had her on the road yet.
Camping this coming weekend, though.
I can follow up if others do not chime in.
__________________
2017 Airstream 26U Twin
2017 F250 Platinum
MWBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 10:32 AM   #22
.-. -...
 
Adventure.AS's Avatar
 
2017 25' International
Port Dover , ON Canada
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 1,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollysdad View Post
What temp do you see while driving?
Just curious.
It depends on the ambient air temperature. Typical tires experience a temperature increase of roughly 50 degrees after running on the highway for a half-hour. If it's a 70-degree day, this suggests a tire temperature of about 120 degrees. If it's a hotter day, or you're driving faster, or you're hauling a heavier load, or your tires don't have the proper air pressures, they could get hotter.
__________________
Ray B.
Adventure.AS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 05:37 AM   #23
2 Rivet Member
Commercial Member
 
Currently Looking...
Cumming , Georgia
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 57
Blog Entries: 1
Tst tpms

Hello,

If anyone has any questions regarding the TST 507 New Wide Screen Color Display, I am always available at 210-420-0132

Some advantages:
Wide Screen Display, Easy to Read
Built in Antenna, rather than screw in the side
Micro USB to USB for charging(12 Volt charger adapter included as well)
Audible Alert, Visual Red Flashing Light, and rather than an icon as well, you see the alert across the bottom of the display.
Much easier to see in direct sunlight.
Works with all existing 507 sensors

Thanks,
Mike Benson
TST TPMS
210-420-0132
mbenson1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:52 PM   #24
Rivet Master
 
Mollysdad's Avatar

 
2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 5,367
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbenson1234 View Post
If anyone has any questions regarding the TST 507 New Wide Screen Color Display, I am always available at 210-420-0132


Thanks,
Mike Benson
TST TPMS
210-420-0132
Oh, boy, just the guy I'm looking for.
Looking at the back of the color monitor there's four slots, I assume for a mount.
I thought it would be an elegant solution to mount the monitor on a RAM arm since the GPS is taking up the dash space. Wouldn't it be great if I knew what those holes were!
So, after a day of Googling I found a mate called a "4 hole claw AMPS mount". Unfortunately, the only place I saw it was from China and they didn't accept PayPal. More Google, and today I found a
"4 prong I-Grip" to Ram ball mount. I'd never heard of I-grip, but I ordered one.
Have you ever heard of these? We'll see when they arrive if they're compatible.

And if I helped someone else, I'd be delighted (If it works)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171017_151252__14122.1513386677.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	311343   Click image for larger version

Name:	igrip-adapter-sp25mm4p-1_2_540x540.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	311345  

Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 08:14 AM   #25
4 Rivet Member
 
2016 30' International
Florence , Alabama
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollysdad View Post
Oh, boy, just the guy I'm looking for.
Looking at the back of the color monitor there's four slots, I assume for a mount.
I thought it would be an elegant solution to mount the monitor on a RAM arm since the GPS is taking up the dash space. Wouldn't it be great if I knew what those holes were!
So, after a day of Googling I found a mate called a "4 hole claw AMPS mount". Unfortunately, the only place I saw it was from China and they didn't accept PayPal. More Google, and today I found a
"4 prong I-Grip" to Ram ball mount. I'd never heard of I-grip, but I ordered one.
Have you ever heard of these? We'll see when they arrive if they're compatible.

And if I helped someone else, I'd be delighted (If it works)


Did it not come with a suction cup mount? The B&W version uses the same holes to connect to the supplied suction cup. If you donít like their suction cup you could probably cut it down and make an adapter to a generic RAM plate.
joshjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 09:45 AM   #26
Rivet Master
 
Mollysdad's Avatar

 
2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 5,367
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjack View Post
Did it not come with a suction cup mount? The B&W version uses the same holes to connect to the supplied suction cup. If you don’t like their suction cup you could probably cut it down and make an adapter to a generic RAM plate.
Yes. I don't want to use the suction cup. That's just me.
"Plan B" was to take the plate from the suction cup and mate it with a piece from a GoPro camera mount to ram ball.
But I thought "Plan A" was better designed, and fewer parts. (Call me crazy)
Here's the parts for Plan B. (Plan C involved Velcro)
Attached Images
  
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 12:10 PM   #27
4 Rivet Member
 
2007 23' Safari SE
Annandale , New Jersey
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 444
M'sD, ever consider a pop socket. I never knew about them until my daughters started using them constantly. I now have one on my phone and really like it, but it did take a couple weeks to adjust.
Using the popsocket holder that is held to my dash with 3M double sided tape (that I am told is removable and clean-able) and I finally have a solid solution.

Popsocket

And PS mount
The video on the left margin with the mount gives some good thoughts on how they work.
Fred L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 12:20 PM   #28
Rivet Master
 
Mollysdad's Avatar

 
2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 5,367
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred L View Post
M'sD, ever consider a pop socket. I never knew about them until my daughters started using them constantly. I now have one on my phone and really like it, but it did take a couple weeks to adjust.
Using the popsocket holder that is held to my dash with 3M double sided tape (that I am told is removable and clean-able) and I finally have a solid solution.

Popsocket

And PS mount
The video on the left margin with the mount gives some good thoughts on how they work.
I learn something every day!
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 01:10 PM   #29
Rivet Master
 
2011 22' Sport
Portland , Oregon
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 620
If you use the suction cup mount, I assume people are mounting it to the windshield? I will warn that would be an illegal installation within the state of California and arguably unsafe anywhere.
SilverHouseDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 02:07 PM   #30
Rivet Master
 
1988 25' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Knoxville , Tennessee
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,807
Blog Entries: 1
Have ordered mine and it has not come yet. But just thinking, is there really a need to mount it where it is visible all the time? It has an alarm, right? I can check the pressures when I am stopped.
Bill M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tst tpms mbenson1234 Our Community 30 07-05-2015 09:12 PM
Tire Minder or TST TPMS for 30' FC Beach Bum Tires 8 02-05-2015 01:25 AM
Voyager interferes with TST TPMS SteveSueMac Lights - Interior & Exterior 11 12-09-2014 09:03 AM
Tst tpms SilverEagle6 Tires 6 08-09-2014 07:22 AM
TST TPMS fit and repeater SteveSueMac Tires 6 08-17-2013 01:29 PM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.