RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 03-14-2019, 02:02 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
Spooner , Wisconsin
suggestions sought for Dash-cam & rearview cam

Iím looking for a recommendation for a recording dashcam and rearview cam to mount on the back of my 26U.
Here is the background. I had Garmin DriveAssist 50 LMT that has integral recording dashcam and a Bluetooth linked rearview camera (no video record on the rear camera). It worked well. But there were these shortcomings:
The Bluetooth signal transmitted through the hallway of the 26U into the truck cab. So, in a tight corner, I lost signal which required a hard reboot of the GPS receiver.
In freeway traffic sometimes I really needed both GPS (which exit?) and the rearview camera (lane change?) and it is not a one touch switch between the screens.
I would like to capture the rear camera in a video loop too. (Desirable, but not pivotal.)
Why am I shopping? The GPS fell off the dashboard and is kaput. I could just get a new DA-50 or the RV770 GPS which connects to the backup camera, but does not appear to have a dashcam.
So, Iím thinking Iíll get two units: a dash/backup camera AND a GPS. I have 12vdc to the camera mounting point on the 26U. I donít want to run a cord through the 26U and to the truck cab, so the video signal from that camera must be something wireless (Bluetooth, I assume).
Suggestions on the dash/backup camera system?
Does the Garmin RV770 have a dashcam?
Any nominations for an RV oriented GPS system?
Thanks,
WherryWillie is offline   Reply With Quote