RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 09-16-2018, 09:16 AM   #201
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by daleyocum View Post
I wonder, then, what the low voltage setting on the Multiplus is for if not to cut off at that voltage?

Id sure love to talk with the engineers of this magical box to find out what it is really doing with regards to voltage boosting, surge protection, and voltage cutoff. Hard to test.
Hi

I'm not 100% convinced that the multi *will* do the full UPS voltage up stuff. In order to sum it's output into the shore power ( boost power) it has to do part of that. What I'm pretty sure of is that it will do noting if it sees 140V on the input. An EMS would shut down in that case.

For those with 50A shore power, using just a Multi will miss a bunch of stuff. You have no "view" of the other leg coming into the trailer. All of the strange neutral issues that loosing a leg can create will be missed.

Since I don't see a use case on my trailer for boosting power, I leave those features turned off.

======

As far as talking to Victron engineering about the insides of the box ... not likely to happen. They simply don't have staffing to be able to do that sort of stuff. That's hardly uncommon these days.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote