RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 08-22-2016, 11:03 AM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2015 30' International
FREDERICK , Maryland
Sweet setup!
Doc Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 01:05 AM   #22
4 Rivet Member

1988 32.5' Airstream 325
WhereIam , Left Coast Proud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Foster View Post
Sweet setup!
Oh good, at least I am assuming this means you were able to access the photos. They didn't stay in order which is annoying, but al least it posted. Thank you Doc.
3wd67rg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 06:14 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Smithville , Texas
Thanks for the pics PammieSue! He did a great job! I love how you used the space overhead that way. The plastic thing over head in ours, where the 8 track is, is cracked in multiple places and will probably have to come out. That's a good way to turn that into a more useable space. And the idea of the headboard with storage is genius! Thanks again! :-)
SoverignGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 04:03 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Smithville , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopariac View Post
I am currently working on a TV-lift for a 42" in my 72 Ambassador. I should be finished in a couple of weeks and I will post pictures and a video to show how it operates.

Tharon
How'd it turn out? Would love to see pics! :-)
SoverignGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 05:03 PM   #25
4 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
Middletown , California
First you should decide where you will sit the most to watch TV. I have a nice reclining office chair that mostly sits in front of the table which is left at half size. I found a 19" LED mounted on a swivel arm bolted to the table support near the couch armrest worked good for me. Most of the time the TV is about 4' from my eyes but can pull it out to the edge of the table and see it from the bedroom also. Works fine for now but a 32" 4K will work better when I upgrade in the future as I will use it for computer monitor also. I run the audio through my stereo so I can hear well in bedroom. The projector/screen set up might work if you actually need a big picture, I thought about that approach, but the 19' seems pretty good after living with a 12" for many years on the shelf attached to refrigerator end wall. A 24" on a swivel arm replacing that factory TV shelf would work pretty good maybe, but I think that is about as big as would fit there in my trailer. Satellite for TV and internet is the way to go unless you are where you can hook up to cable. I use a home type dish mounted on a short post bolted to the spare tire with a few big rocks for additional ballast. I can find the satellites pretty fast when I need to but might upgrade to the "tailgater" type system someday; although new 5G systems are supposed be rolling out soon and might do anything you need. I feel like I'm overpaying for internet over satellite but it's what I've got because of location.
ijustlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 05:42 PM   #26
2 Rivet Member

2019 26' Flying Cloud
Saint Louis , MO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgentum View Post
We have a 27FB, which came new with a 30 in TV in the living room & a 22 in TV in the bedroom. I took out both & put the 30 in the bedroom. I then mounted a rotating & extending mount on the living room wall & attached a 40 in TV to it. In order for the TV not to extend into the hallway when traveling, I have to rotate the TV 90 degrees (so its long axis is vertical), but other than that, it works just fine.
Got any pics?
JeffRadford is offline   Reply With Quote