Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2017, 09:55 AM   #1

2016 30' Flying Cloud
Lenoir City , Tennessee
HDMI cable color coding

We have a 2016 flying cloud 30 ft. Lounge. Does anyone have a listing of the color coding for the HDMI cables leading from the box which contains the DVD player? There are a number of them and it would be helpful to know where they all lead.
Jsmith9915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 01:48 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsmith9915 View Post
We have a 2016 flying cloud 30 ft. Lounge. Does anyone have a listing of the color coding for the HDMI cables leading from the box which contains the DVD player? There are a number of them and it would be helpful to know where they all lead.
Hi JSmith, greetings from central Kentucky and welcome to the forum

HDMI cables don't have color coding, they are a single cable with and HDMI connector at each end. You must be asking about component or composite connections.

They are
Composite: red (right audio), white (left audio) and yellow (video)
OR
Component: Green, Blue and Red for the video with a separate connection for sound, red (right audio), white (left audio)

If this is not what you mean, please attach a photo
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Rich W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 02:11 PM   #3
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
Hello Jsmith9915,

If there is more than one HDMI cable in your DVD cabinet it may be pre-wired for a second TV (perhaps in the rear of the trailer?)

If you don't have a copy of the Owner's Manual for your trailer you can obtain a copy from the Airstream website. https://www.airstream.com/service/ma...ear_select=725

Here's snip from the 2016 Flying Cloud Owner's Manual:
Attached Images

2018 GMC Sierra K1500 SLT, 6.2L, Max Trailering
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 03:58 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
He sent me a thanks and a comment. You are correct, he has a second TV in the back. His issue is that there are 2+ HDMI cables with the connectors color coded. There is also a splitter involved, but I'm not sure if it's splitting the incoming signal or joining the HDMI connections from the antenna and Blu-ray player and going to the TV. Since there are no pictures, I'm just guessing on the possible connections.

I think everything is hooked up, he is just asking what each of them is connected to, perhaps he wants to make labels for future reference.

Jsmith, I suggest you turn everything on, then disconnect one of the cables and see what goes off, then you'll know what it does and you can put a label on it. If you REALLY want to get into it, you can go to Lowes and get a signal generator that will send a signal through the wire that you can detect with the device. Just disconnecting and labeling should be all that you need, however.
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Rich W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 04:03 PM   #5

2016 30' Flying Cloud
Lenoir City , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by richw46 View Post
He sent me a thanks and a comment. You are correct, he has a second TV in the back. His issue is that there are 2+ HDMI cables with the connectors color coded. There is also a splitter involved, but I'm not sure if it's splitting the incoming signal or joining the HDMI connections from the antenna and Blu-ray player and going to the TV. Since there are no pictures, I'm just guessing on the possible connections.

I think everything is hooked up, he is just asking what each of them is connected to, perhaps he wants to make labels for future reference.

Jsmith, I suggest you turn everything on, then disconnect one of the cables and see what goes off, then you'll know what it does and you can put a label on it. If you REALLY want to get into it, you can go to Lowes and get a signal generator that will send a signal through the wire that you can detect with the device. Just disconnecting and labeling should be all that you need, however.

Thanks guys, I sent a request to Airstream Customer Service and they sent me instructions, complete with pictures of. 4 in, 2 out matrix splitter. I think that I have got it from here.

Jim
Jsmith9915 is offline   Reply With Quote