Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2022, 10:08 PM   #1
Trekbiker

2017 30' Classic
Boonville , Missouri
Firefly panel is acting erraticallyl

Ten days ago we pulled our 2017 Classic out of storage for a quick weekend outing. It had been in storage since middle of March. Parked it in our driveway, hooked up to 30 amp shore power. At some point I noticed the Firefly screen had gone totally blank. After a minor panic I pressed the interior disconnect switch to cut the power then turned it back on - nothing happened. Tried again and this time the panel lit up and all looked good. Next day all readings on panel were blank, but panel was lit. Did the power switch thing again, panel was displaying properly. No more problems so we went to the campground Friday, hooked to 50 amp shore power. All was fine Friday and Saturday, Sunday morning had a repeat of the panel not showing any values. Did the power switch and all was good. Came home Sunday afternoon, parked camper in the driveway again hooked to 30 amp shore power. All was fine until this evening (Friday). I went out to raise the AC temperature setting on front AC, and could not get the setting to move. Received an error message (I don't remember exacty what as it flashed on the screen for a few seconds then went off) something about not being able to read the temperature setting. The screen then flashed current temperature both front and back as 143 degrees. That lasted a few seconds then reverted to what the temperature really was. At that point I was able to change the temperature setting, so lowered it to see if AC would come on, which it did. Then raised it so that the AC would shut off.

Will see what the status is in the morning. Has anyone had similar issues?

Batteries are fully charged, converter seems to be working properly. I did disconnect from shore power overnight a couple nights ago and all was ok the next morning when I reconnected to shore power so I could run one AC.

We have plans for a 2-3 week trip to MN starting Sunday, hopefully all will go well.
trekbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 05:53 AM   #2
JDG
Riveted

2018 33' Classic
Charleston , West Virginia
I have found the Firefly folks are very helpful. You might try giving them a call although I am sure it will have to be Monday. You might also look for loose or wires out of their connections on the back of the Firefly screen. The screen should just pop out from where ever itís mounted. (Mine is on wall next to bathroom 33 Classic). Good luck.
JDG is offline   Reply With Quote