Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-15-2022, 03:02 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2021 30RB Classic
Dripping Springs , Texas
Airstream Control via Smart Connect App

I just installed the new SIM card sent by Airstream and it went as expected. I do not currently have a data plan. My question is: should I be able to control and monitor the Airstream 2021 Classic 30 from my Smart Connect App by connecting locally? In other words, for the app to work do I need an active data plan? When I try to use the app now it says trailer not available even if I connect my phone to the trailer WiFi.

Thanks.
Bill
caseydogmusi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 02:02 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2021 30RB Classic
Saint Augustine , Florida
According to Aistream’s FAQ on the SIM swap, the new SIM card is supposed to provide connectivity without a data plan through any service provider. So much for that!

My connectivity was fine before the SIM swap, both “locally” and “remotely.” Now, I’m only able to connect “locally.”

I suspect there’s an “admin” setting in the router software that needs changing and that it can only be done by Airstream.

I left an email with them describing the problem. They’ve been good about getting back to me quickly on other issues.

Cory is the Airstream Connected guru at Airstream. You can get in touch with him through the main customer service number (877) 596-6111.

Good luck!
Instagram: Cirrusaly.Silver
Cirrusaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 08:18 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2021 30RB Classic
Saint Augustine , Florida
Received this from Cory this morning:

Cory Rex (Airstream)
Jul 5, 2022, 9:51 AM EDT

David,
I found the issue. When you hooked it back up, for some reason the Czone did not recognize the connection and threw an internal error. I have rebooted your system, and it looks to be functioning properly now.

CORY M. REX
Connected Vehicle Advisor
Airstream Inc.

Remote operation has been restored.

Hope this works for you as well.
Instagram: Cirrusaly.Silver
Cirrusaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 10:24 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2021 30RB Classic
Dripping Springs , Texas
Local Connection to Airstream

Cirrusaly,

Thanks for the useful information. I will pursue this route.

Bill
caseydogmusi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 01:55 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
Rockwood , Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrusaly View Post
Received this from Cory this morning:

Cory Rex (Airstream)
Jul 5, 2022, 9:51 AM EDT

David,
I found the issue. When you hooked it back up, for some reason the Czone did not recognize the connection and threw an internal error. I have rebooted your system, and it looks to be functioning properly now.

CORY M. REX
Connected Vehicle Advisor
Airstream Inc.

Remote operation has been restored.

Hope this works for you as well.

I am having a very similiar problem with my switch out of the att sim for the T mobile card. System recognized the T Mobile link initially but now my device does not function or connect to Smart control in the camper or remotely?

Does anyone have Cory's email, called air stream service, who said they would have a tech call me, that was days ago.

Please pm me if anyone has Corys email. Thank you
Maineiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 02:22 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2022 28' Pottery Barn
Flagstaff , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineiac View Post
I am having a very similiar problem with my switch out of the att sim for the T mobile card. System recognized the T Mobile link initially but now my device does not function or connect to Smart control in the camper or remotely?

Does anyone have Cory's email, called air stream service, who said they would have a tech call me, that was days ago.

Please pm me if anyone has Corys email. Thank you

I was having all the same issues. I was told by Airstream Customer Service to turn off the power to my router for a little while. In the meantime, delete the Connected app from cell phone and reinstall it. Then turn the router back on. This worked for me. I got a followup email from a gentleman name Steve who said they’ve been having a lot of problems with the new IOT Sim card.
StreaminNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 11:11 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
Rockwood , Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreaminNP View Post
I was having all the same issues. I was told by Airstream Customer Service to turn off the power to my router for a little while. In the meantime, delete the Connected app from cell phone and reinstall it. Then turn the router back on. This worked for me. I got a followup email from a gentleman name Steve who said they’ve been having a lot of problems with the new IOT Sim card.

I just tried that option, still no success, will get back on the phone with Airstream support next week. Thank you for sharing😊
Old 07-13-2022, 11:06 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
Rockwood , Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineiac View Post
I just tried that option, still no success, will get back on the phone with Airstream support next week. Thank you for sharing😊
Update on my new t mobile sim card installation and the smart connect app. Just got of the phone with support, apparently they are experiencing an issue with the smart connect app and how it links to the new loT sim card with t mobile. It sounds like I am not the only one with a connection issue. They hope to have it corrected in the next week or so.