Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2018, 06:04 PM   #41
4 Rivet Member

1988 32.5' Airstream 325
WhereIam , Left Coast Proud
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjayjensen View Post
On returning from Mazatlan, we stop in San Carlos and purchase used books at a store set up for the benefit of stray animals.
One of the books purchased was "Why men don't listen and women can't read maps" by Barbara and Allan Pease. This book raised our level of understanding our spouse to a new level. I highly recommend the book to anyone wishing to enjoy and get along with their partner.
Jay
Wait- But I do read maps, accurately.
3wd67rg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 06:46 PM   #42
Rivet Master

1999 30' Excella 1000
small town , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhat200 View Post
First I would like to congratulate you on making the decision to Airstream. You made that decision Together and it is a great Decision.
Make a list of the 5 reasons for choosing Airstream Life. Post it . Good time to read Don’t sweat the small stuff it’s all small stuff.by Richard Carlson PHD ( by the way the book is very small )
Take a walk and hold hands without words it’s hard to be mad . Remember to play and have fun every day. And laugh till you cry. It will all work out. The beauty of this great country is your home. Your home without boundaries. And every night kiss each other good night .
In a world where we can be anything we want. Kindness is a great treasure to share.
Gods Peace & Grace to you ,
The Silver Buffalo
I couldn't have said it any better redhat200 Welcome to the forum Itcajh and redhat200
streaminwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 07:25 PM   #43
3 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Huntley , Illinois
We have moved from tent, pop up to a 22 sport, a 25 FC now a 27 grand lounge serenity. We have gone as long as 7 months full timing. We bought a home and reconsidering selling and full timing. Our own projects are critical. Dividing the labor, defining spaces. We have less stress than we have had in years. We do not frequent RV parks, we look for state parks and open spaces. We have used the time for caravans at the unit and national level, see the wonders of our nation.
cegardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 08:35 PM   #44

1985 25' Sovereign
Pinole , California
Life got better for us

We lived in our 25' 1984 Sovereign for a few months and things were never better.
jpvan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 08:56 PM   #45
Rivet Master

1984 34.5' Airstream 345
Foothill Ranch , California
You mean MORE Crazy?
Old 08-08-2018, 11:38 PM   #46
2 Rivet Member

Denver , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty Farmer View Post
From your post, I am not sure you have purchased your travel trailer. My concern would not be size any more than bed arrangement. In anything less than a 27/28 foot one of you have to be very agile to get into and out of bed. Be sure you have a walk around bed. In our earlier 25 ft and now our 28 ft, I could/can go into the L/R area to read - in the middle of the night. My husband i a late sleeper, so I get my walking done early morning. I agree with the person above who asked what your current rapport is and think about whether you could live in a lesser confinement. Also have a concern re: your tow vehicle and how you have it equipped. Not having the adequate fit of the tow vehicle to the chosen trailer would cause tension to each of you. Finally, you will never know - unless you try.
If they can’t live within close quarters, the tow vehicle won’t make a difference - doesn’t matter the size of the trailer.
gsp_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 12:04 PM   #47
Rivet Master

Churubusco , Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltcajh View Post
If my wife and I live full-time on the road, will we drive each other crazy being in close proximity all of the time? Yeah, we get on each other's nerves sometimes.
Wife and I have had no issues for the last almost 6 months in our 31'. Before that we did tiny apartments with even less square footage!

Sure, occasionally one or the other can get irritated, but never so much we've felt the need to go to separate rooms.

Our brief time in a "small" house found it way too big.

My comments are the same as when all the family asked if my wife and I would be able to live in the RV... If you literally cannnot stand to be around your significant other, i feel bad for the state of your marriage. Maybe you don't need a bigger house, maybe you need to work on your relationship.
Magnet18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 02:20 PM   #48
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltcajh View Post
If my wife and I live full-time on the road, will we drive each other crazy being in close proximity all of the time? Yeah, we get on each other's nerves sometimes.
Tent camping, for me, produced two independent, intelligent daughters.

Traveling full time in your trailer will last a few years and you may eventually decide to go back to Tent Camping.

If Tent Camping is out of the question at this point in time, take turns as the driver with your Airstream in tow.

If either can sit there and make no comments about the other's ability of reading a map or the towing... you may have resolved and answered your own question. You will be married for a long, long time.
Old 08-13-2018, 03:07 PM   #49
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
My DW has a unique solution to the map reading, driving, navigation problem between two drivers.

I plan out the trip, load the way points into the GPS app on my iPhone. Plan out the overnight stops and make reservations if necessary. Load all the necessary hardware and supplies, making sure load balance is handled. DW loads clothing, toiletries, groceries, and dog supplies.

I have the TV serviced, and a fresh oil change if needed. Hitch up with her assistance as a spotter. Run the checklist twice.

Then we all load up, buckle up, crate and secure doggies, and then I drive. Within ten minutes of hitting the road, DW conks out to take a nap until we get where we are going. No more issues...
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 05:47 AM   #50
1 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari SS SE
Charlotte , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by adobehome View Post
Yes, sometimes. Bill and I just returned from a month traveling through Colorado from Az. In 2016 we did 3 months, AZ to Acadia Ntl park & back. Not fulltimers. But, we learned: 1) if you enjoy different activities, continue to do so on the road. I.e Bill likes to bicycle I like to Kayak. Don't feel as if you must do everything together. 2) same with differing interests, he likes sports, I like museums. Share some of these together, some apart. 3) Avoid RV parks with overly tight site spacing. Elbow room & privacy helps when relieving marital stress. 4) be willing to compromise when goals differ. Bill wanted to skip a historical sight to go through Pie Town, NM and pick up some of Kathy's incredible pies baked at Pie-o-neer. LOL. ok. I could live with that and thus add a few days to nice cool 9,000 el. camping before returning to Phoenix area. Enjoy the journey. Memories will be made. By the way, this was with our 19' 1962 GT and 140lb Borzoi.

Great information! Thank you [emoji16]
pollymenaker is offline   Reply With Quote