Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2020, 10:41 AM   #61
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91_Limited View Post
Sorry for reviving an old thread, but it's still on the first page of Full Timing so I'm going for it.

My Dodge Ram 2500 (gas) is fine for pulling our 34', but I would want something bigger if I was towing through mountainous areas. The new electric F-150 that can pull a 1.25 million pound train looks promising.
Have to ask; what happens if you run out of battery going up a mountain with that E-F150 towing your AS...do you call the energizer bunny or what? Seriously...my son in law, as i posted earlier, has had his Tesela now 2 years and said he is not going to get another one because he has to drive to/from Dallas and Houston, and it takes longer to drive due to unscheduled stops because of unforeseen traffic conditions causing early depletion of power and hassle of finding a convenient "not crowded" charging station...just saying....maybe not ready for prime time yet for pulling an AS......Was just talking about getting a new SUV with wife...she is convinced a hybrid is the way to go for now. time will tell...
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 01:42 PM   #62
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Oh, come now, if your EV tow vehicle runs out of juice before it gets to the top of the pass, just back all the way down again, using regenerative braking to recharge the battery as you roll back down. When you get to the bottom, you'll have enough power to try all over again...right?

OTOH, if you do this enough times, up and down, up and down, up and down, you'll finally run out of battery power at the bottom of the hill and then you can set up camp.

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote