Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Full-Timing, Winter Living & Workamping > Full-Timing
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-21-2013, 04:33 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Her blog makes for some interesting reading. She now actually works for the tiny house company and travels around the country heading up the training program for people interested in the concept and company. She is a major player in their video and has authored a couple of books on tiny houses. Overall she is a very impressive lady.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 05:33 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I really like the towel-rod style utensil holder over the galley area.

I wonder if I could duplicate that in my stick house kitchen ......couldn't do it in the Interstate, as things would bang around.

The glass lights look blown.

Maggie
Old 12-21-2013, 07:52 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post
I really like the towel-rod style utensil holder over the galley area.

I wonder if I could duplicate that in my stick house kitchen ......couldn't do it in the Interstate, as things would bang around.
IKEA had a version of that, may still do. I've seen several versions put out by the various companies that make pot racks so I'm sure you should be able to find something similar through a kitchen ware supplier.
cameront120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 12:07 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
I have been following the tiny house industry. Recently several of the builders have received certification by the same organization that certifies conventional motor home and travel trailer manufactures. This includes Tumbleweed and Tiny Home builders two of the top in field. They are financed and insured just as any other travel trailer. Fully road worthy and meet or exceed all safety requirements. Are they as easy and generally comfortable to tow as an Airstream? Of course not, but what is. I have been strongly considering down sizing my current home with a Tumbleweed or similar tiny house. I would not really consider one for full time traveling but it would make an excellent low cost home base that could easily be moved to another local if desired.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote