Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Full-Timing, Winter Living & Workamping > Full-Timing
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-16-2012, 10:49 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Lady of the Moose? Free Camping?

I was talking to a nice gentleman at a local campground and he asked if I'd ever thought of joining the Moose Club - to take advantage of their free camping.

Seems that (locally at least) several Moose Clubs allow members to park and camp free of charge for up to two weeks. Whether that includes any hookups I'm not sure, but since you park behind the Moose Club you can always to go any meal they have - for a modest donation.

As I understand it, Joining as a Lady of the Moose, will cost only about $60 per year. If this is nationwide, this could be a very inexpensive way of staying overnight with a decent vibe compared to WalMart.

Anyone else know anything about this program?

Paula
Old 07-16-2012, 11:00 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
try this

I don't know anything other than doing a search. Here is a link that you might find interesting.
Moose International - Moosehaven
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:12 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Oracle , Arizona
VFW's and Elk Lodges offer the same.
Ahab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:21 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
I talk to my moose lodge and find out. My mother I law is a member and got my wife and I signed up. We are defiantly the youngest people there at 40. But we take the kids up for dinner and dancing on Friday nights some times. The kids love to dance.

May you have at least one sunny day, and a soft chair to sit in..

2008 5.7 L V8 Sequoia
AIR # 31243
WBCCI # 6987
FOUR CORNERS UNIT
purman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:06 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2000 34' Excella
Rochester , Minnesota
Moose lodge camping

Most lodges that have a parking lot allow overnight camping. It ranges from boondocking to an electric out on the side of the building, an outlet on a light pole, to a 30 amp hookup. I have been at a couple with water hookups also. Dump station are rare.

The dues for a Women of the Moose member is high. Contact a local lodge. they can give you the correct info. To find a local lodge goto mooseintl.org, use the lodge or chapter locator.

Happy camping
tedh1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:49 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
They still have seperate membership for men and women? How strange in this politicaly correct age we live in.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:04 AM   #7
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
I am going to start a new club.
Women will have free entry with home baked oatmeal raisin cookies.

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
They still have seperate membership for men and women? How strange in this politicaly correct age we live in.
masseyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 01:02 PM   #8
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
Recently Joined...

I recently joined the Moose Lodge for camping. We needed to stay in a location in Florida during the peak snowbird season so camping spots were in short supply. The local Moose Lodge provided 20A electric, access to water around the corner so we filled up our fresh water tank, but they did not have a sewer connection. We stayed four nights and paid $15/night so it was not free.

I subsequently contacted other Moose Lodges and found a wide variety of RV camping is available. As somebody said in a previous post... sometimes it's boondocking and sometimes it includes full hookups - just depends.

The Allstays camping app identifies Moose as well as Elk and Eagle lodges. If you joined all three you could cover much of the United States. We chose Moose because it was convenient in Florida, paid for itself immediately, and has relatively wide coverage across the U.S.

As note in a previous post is Moosehaven retirement community in Jacksonville. I think it's a great place - we took a two hour tour of the facility and were very impressed. I don't know what I'll do when I/we need elder care but now Moosehaven is on our list of possibilities.
2018 GMC Sierra K1500 SLT, 6.2L, Max Trailering
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:53 AM   #9
4 Rivet Member

Central Florida , Florida
How dumb am I? I saw the title and immediately thought it was SuEllyn of Moosetags.

I have more to learn.

2008 Classic 34
Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab CTD
Air Apparent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:12 AM   #10
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Apparent View Post
How dumb am I? I saw the title and immediately thought it was SuEllyn of Moosetags.

I have more to learn.
Shoot, I glanced at your screen name and thought of 2Airishuman. We both need more coffee.

Thanks for thread, Paula.
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote