Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2022, 07:10 AM   #21
Rivet Master

1994 25' Excella
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawneS View Post
More thanks for the additional replies. I have not specifically asked my employer about using my work address, but Iím doubtful I would be allowed. The RV park idea is a possibility. I will be taking it somewhere else for winter at least part of the time since SLC gets too cold on occasion. Possibly St George area, AZ or NM. Or park it & winterize and stay at my partnerís house.

I have been in contact with a manager at the driverís license bureau and have it in writing that a UPS mailbox street address will work for my drivers license. Have to see if my credit union is okay with that address.
When you ask your credit union, be sure to let them know that you are not talking about the address you'll be using to open the account, only to receive statements and mail. My understanding is that there are different rules for opening an account than there are for customers once an account is established.
1999 Suburban LS 2500 w/7.4L V8
1974 GMC 4108a - Custom Coach Land Cruiser
richard5933 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 07:51 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Thousand Oaks , California
Do your parents live in UT? Why not register and receive everything with them?

Thatís what my wife and I do. My parents receive any mail for us. We are debt free and everything else is handled electronically so we get a 1-3 pieces of physical mail a month.

Most of it is trash. My mom or dad will text a picture of the envelope and we will tell them to trash, open, or save. Open is for the jury duty summons or anything else that may need immediate attention.

Follow our adventures!
@airstreamvagabond on Instagram and YouTube
BigSxyWhtGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 08:13 AM   #23
gcj
1 Rivet Member

Lindon , Utah
I also live in Utah and recently sold my old SOB trailer to someone from California who wanted to register/license the trailer in Utah. The Utah DMV told him to just use a friend or family member's address to license his trailer but he ended up with a company called iPostal1 (https://ipostal1.com/choose-digital-...x-location.php). It has some positive reviews and seems fairly reasonable for a monthly fee. They offer a permanent street address and will receive your mail, as well as forwarding it to you according to your directions. I'm not a lawyer but maintaining your driver's license, bank accounts and filing your taxes from Utah, might also be a plus. Just my two cents.
Old 01-12-2022, 09:45 AM   #24
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
Post Office like businesses have made it their business to be able to provide a physical address for the customer. This allows a customer to provide that address as if it is their actual and tangible address. It is usually a street address versus a box number address. There are very few places or institutions that ask you if you actually reside at that location.

A bank would not likely know or care to ask if you are living at a location for which you provide a address to.

With the number of people who are living a non traditional sticks and bricks lifestyle it is becoming much more common to not have a physical traditional address.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 10:38 AM   #25
Rivet Master

1994 25' Excella
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittenstiehl View Post
Post Office like businesses have made it their business to be able to provide a physical address for the customer. This allows a customer to provide that address as if it is their actual and tangible address. It is usually a street address versus a box number address. There are very few places or institutions that ask you if you actually reside at that location.

A bank would not likely know or care to ask if you are living at a location for which you provide a address to.

With the number of people who are living a non traditional sticks and bricks lifestyle it is becoming much more common to not have a physical traditional address.
At the same time, with the advent of the modern computer age it's possible to know in an instant if an address is a residential address or a business address. Back when I had a box at Mailboxes Etc it worked most of the time, but towards the end of that some places would put the address into their system only to have a flag come up saying it was not an acceptable address since it was a business.

Places that care about someone having a physical residential address often won't accept this type of address. Voter registration in some states works like this - in at least one state they rejected addresses simply because they didn't have a properly assigned house number.

For bank accounts, it appears that different banks will handle this differently, although they must all adhere to this:

(3) Address, which shall be:
(i) For an individual, a residential or business street address;
(ii) For an individual who does not have a residential or business street address, an Army Post Office (APO) or Fleet Post Office (FPO) box number, or the residential or business street address of next of kin or of another contact individual; or

This was quoted from: ß1020.220 https://www.fdic.gov/regulations/law...8000-1600.html
1999 Suburban LS 2500 w/7.4L V8
1974 GMC 4108a - Custom Coach Land Cruiser
richard5933 is online now   Reply With Quote