Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Full-Timing, Winter Living & Workamping > Full-Timing
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-26-2021, 04:51 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Bissell Crosswave wet/dry vacuum mop

Anyone use this in the home or Airstream? Especially the Airstream. I am ready to throw out my Dyson stick vac.... only about three accessories are worth a pitcher of warm spit and it does not do a great job on edges.
I may well choose a sniffer clone that has microfiber reusable pads... or the Bissell.
Your experiences and opinions please.

Paula
Old 09-26-2021, 05:08 PM   #2
"Silver Shrek"

2000 27' Safari
Crestwood , Kentucky
Bissell not as good as my stain as a vac. The cross wave is really not good at all. I went back to a real mop
drairstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 07:00 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1975 27' Overlander
1969 21' Globetrotter
Conifer , Colorado
Swab those decks mate. I have a small canister vac and then a wet towel while on my hands and knees. I can get the floor clean, but a bit more work.

How much is a bucket of warm spit worth? I'll look on Amazon for one.

David
WBCCI #8607 VAC Region 11
KnowledgeBase trailer renovation threads: 69 Globetrotter, 76 Sovereign, 75 Overlander, 66 Trade Wind Such fun !
dbj216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 04:19 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Darlin' I can git down and scrub, but gittin' back up is slow and painful. I'll do it if I have to... (life or death have to) but otherwise fergitaboudit! A microfiber mop coming up from Walmart. BTW, anything like this you order from Amazon has a 3 or 4 piece handle that flexes too much and breaks too easily. Good old O'Cedar from brick and mortar stores will have a wooden or metal one piece handle. Most now also come with a hair de-tangler, remover... good idea. (My sister took care of our mother's effects, and mentioned one of her prizes was a small metal brush cleaner for hair brushes that still works like new. EISENHOWER was President when she got that!
Old 09-27-2021, 04:38 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
David,
JOHN NANCE GARNER III, was FDR's first Vice President, who after 2 terms declined to run with Roosevelt for his third term. "Cactus Jack" allegedly told FDR and the press that the vice presidency "isn't worth a pitcher of warm spit!".
It is likely that the actual vocabulary was softened to be fit to print in family newspapers.
It was 5 years later that "Give'em Hell Harry" Truman ascended into the presidency. Henry Wallace accepted the nomination for FDR's third term, and apparently valued the office as little as Nance. He flatly refused to serve more than one term. Truman was picked as a nonenity and was never briefed on the Manhattan Project until after FDR's death.
Old 09-27-2021, 12:15 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2016 30' International
Quartz Hill , California
I used the Crosswave yesterday in my AI. The results were certainly acceptable. I don't believe I will take on the road though. It's bulky and you also need to pack the charging stand.
greenflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 05:41 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1975 27' Overlander
1969 21' Globetrotter
Conifer , Colorado
Gee, I didn't know foiled again was such a history buff. I just figured it was one of your invented sayings as you often tickle my funny bone with your posts.

I hope you find the floor cleaning tool of your dreams for your Airstream.

David
KnowledgeBase trailer renovation threads: 69 Globetrotter, 76 Sovereign, 75 Overlander, 66 Trade Wind Such fun !
Old 09-27-2021, 07:02 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2014 19' International
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Cedar Rapids , Iowa
I like my Hoover Onepwr Floormate mop better than the Bissell Crosswave. Battery is removable to charge, you can use it on other Onepwr machines, I feel like it cleans the floor a little better. Only downfall is the crosswave gets a touch closer to the edge than the Hoover. The floor in the trailer was fairly dirty when we got it and I did still end up hand washing it. I’d say either are good for lighter type mopping, not heavy duty scrubbing in my opinion. At least they don’t put a lot of water down on a vinyl floor that doesn’t like to be wet.
Hawk-ination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 06:15 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB International
Sugar Land , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
Anyone use this in the home or Airstream? Especially the Airstream. I am ready to throw out my Dyson stick vac.... only about three accessories are worth a pitcher of warm spit and it does not do a great job on edges.
I may well choose a sniffer clone that has microfiber reusable pads... or the Bissell.
Your experiences and opinions please.

Paula
Shark Vac - this thing is a sniffer like mop but is also a vac. It has a pad and spray like a sniffer but the pad also has a catcher for the vac motor. You vacuum and mop with one device. Walmart sells it for about $80. Pads $ 1 each.
us3rnam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 03:42 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbj216 View Post
Gee, I didn't know foiled again was such a history buff. I just figured it was one of your invented sayings as you often tickle my funny bone with your posts.

I hope you find the floor cleaning tool of your dreams for your Airstream.

David
David, the floor cleaning tool of my DREAMS would be a maid. Not practical to transport. DITTO on the crosswave. Like too many convenience items, setting up breaking down and storage take more time than doing the chore.
Old 09-30-2021, 06:32 PM   #11
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1975 27' Overlander
1969 21' Globetrotter
Conifer , Colorado
My wife brings a maid with her when we travel. Me. She knows I'm not practical to transport, but she puts up with it. I could be replaced by a nifty cleaning machine at any time.

David
Old 05-27-2022, 04:09 PM   #12
4 Rivet Member

2022 16' Bambi
2022 Atlas
Sioux Falls , Arkansas
I like things as uncomplicated as possible. A broom and Swiffer type floor cleaner with washable pads does it for me. Prefer to have as little electrical devices as possible as well as disposable items like swiffer pads as possible.
fr8tshaker is offline   Reply With Quote